This article needs additional citations for verification
. (January 2008)
- Konsole is also the German spelling of console.
Konsole is a free terminal emulator which is part of KDE Software Compilation. Konsole was originally written by Lars Doelle.
The KDE applications Konqueror, Krusader, Kate, Konversation, Dolphin and KDevelop use Konsole to provide embedded terminal functionality.
- Tabbed terminals. Tab titles update dynamically depending on the current activity in the terminal.
- Translucent backgrounds.
- Split-view mode.
- Directory and SSH bookmarking.
- Customizable color schemes.
- Customizable key bindings.
- Notifications about silence or activity in a terminal.
- Incremental search
- Can open Dolphin or the user's preferred file manager at the terminal program's current directory
- Export of output in plain text or HTML format.