Gwenview in KDE SC 4
|Original author(s)||Aurélien Gâteau|
|Stable release||15.08.3 (15 November 2015[±])|
|Platform||KDE Frameworks 5|
Gwenview is an image viewer for Unix-like systems (including Linux) and is released as part of the KDE Applications bundle. The current maintainer is Aurélien Gâteau. The word "Gwen" means "white" in the Breton language and is commonly used as a first name.
Gwenview was first available for K Desktop Environment 3. Later it was released as part of the KDE Software Compilation 4 with a simplified user interface, making it more suitable for quickly browsing through collection of images. It also provided a full-screen interface that can be used to display images as a slide-show. In 2014, Gwenview was ported to KDE Frameworks 5 and released as part of KDE Applications.
Major features include:
- Directory browser
- Image, SVG and video support
- Easy to use interface
- Metadata comment editor
- Thumbnail image view of current directory
- Import images from external storage
- Use of KIPI (KDE Image Plugins Interface) plugins for manipulating images
- Filtering based on file type, file name pattern, and date.
- Share images to social networking sites
- "KDE Ships KDE Applications 15.08.3". KDE. 10 November 2015. Retrieved 18 November 2015.
- "KDE 4.1 Release Announcement". KDE. 2008-07-29.
- "KDE Ships KDE Applications 14.12.0". KDE. 2014-12-17.
- Aurélien Gâteau (2012-12-04), Changes in Gwenview for KDE SC 4.10, agateau.com
- Chris von Eitzen (2012-01-25), KDE SC 4.8 arrives with enhanced power management, The H, archived from the original on 6 December 2013
- Chris von Eitzen (2011-01-27), KDE SC 4.6 final released, The H, archived from the original on 8 December 2013