21.12.1 / 3 January 2022
|Written in||C++ (Qt)|
|Platform||Microsoft Windows, Linux|
Konversation is an Internet Relay Chat (IRC) client built on the KDE Platform and is free software released under the terms of the GNU GPL-2.0-or-later. Konversation is currently maintained in the KDE Extragear Network module, which means that it has its own release cycle which is independent from the main KDE applications. It is the default IRC client in many prominent Linux distributions, such as openSUSE, the KDE spin of Fedora, and Kubuntu.
Konversation supports IPv6 connections, offers SSL server support, and supports Blowfish encryption. It also supports identity management with multiple server connections using separate identities for different servers and can display multiple servers and channels in one window. Konversation features automatic UTF-8 detection and can support different encodings in different channels. It also features an optional on-screen display (OSD) for message notifications and can save bookmarks for channels and servers. Konversation supports colors, text decorations, and themable nicklist icons. Konversation is also scriptable using shell scripts via D-BUS and includes support for aliases and an action system for automatic events. It also identifies different users in the conversation window by choosing a random color for each user.
- ^ Error: Unable to display the reference properly. See the documentation for details.
- ^ "Getting Started/Build/Historic/KDE4 Windows - KDE TechBase".
- ^ corbet (16 January 2007). "The Grumpy Editor's Guide to graphical IRC clients". The LWN Grumpy Editor series. LWN.net. Retrieved 13 October 2009.
- ^ "Konversation". 10 of the Best Free Linux IRC Clients. LinuxLinks. 13 September 2009. Retrieved 13 October 2009.
- ^ "Konversation". KDE Extragear. Retrieved 13 October 2009.
- ^ "About KDE Extragear". KDE Extragear. Retrieved 13 October 2009.
- ^ Teufel, Stefanie (2007). Jetzt lerne ich openSUSE 10.3. Pearson Deutschland GmbH. ISBN 9783827242464. Retrieved 5 August 2011.
- ^ a b c d e f "Konversation: About". 9 October 2009. Retrieved 13 October 2009.
- ^ Hill, Benjamin Mako (2007). Das offizielle Ubuntu Buch. Pearson Deutschland GmbH. ISBN 9783827324306. Retrieved 5 August 2011.
- ^ Joshua K. (11 December 2007). "Kubuntu Software Review - Konversation". Ubuntu for free. Forwardyouth.com. Archived from the original on 24 July 2012. Retrieved 13 October 2009.
- ^ Marinof, Mihai (16 October 2006). "Konversation Review". Softpedia. Retrieved 13 October 2009.