Lower Hopkins Cascade
|Lower Hopkins Cascade|
|Type||Talus Classic Cascade|
|Total height||6 m (20 ft)|
|Total width||3.5 m (11 ft)|
|Watercourse||Borer's Creek (sometimes called Hopkin's Creek)|
Nearby attractions include Rock Chapel Golf Course, Smokey Hollow Resource Management Area, Spencer Gorge / Webster's Falls Conservation Area, Borer's Falls, Little Rock Chapel Falls, Royal Botanical Gardens, Dundurn Castle.
From Highway 403 take the Highway 6 North (Guelph) exit and travel approximately 3 kilometres to Highway 5 East (Dundas Street East). Turn left on Highway 5 East and then turn left again on Valley Road. Park on the widened shoulder at the Bruce Trail head south of Patterson Road. Follow the Bruce Trail to the second ravine. The waterfall can be viewed from the Bruce Trail.
- "Hamilton- Waterfall Capital of the World". (www.cityofwaterfalls.ca). Retrieved 2008-07-12.
- Hamilton Waterfalls and Cascades: Research & Inventory Report, 2nd Edition. Hamilton Conservation Authority. November 2007.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hamilton, Ontario.|
- Hamilton- "The Waterfall Capital of the World" (www.cityofwaterfalls.ca)
- Bruce Trail (www.brucetrail.org)
- Vintage Postcards: Waterfalls in and around Hamilton, Ontario
- Hamilton Waterfall Map PDF. (http://map.hamilton.ca)
- Map: Hamilton Waterfalls (www.hamiltonnature.org)
|This Ontario geographical article about a location in the Golden Horseshoe is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|