National Police of Uruguay
This article does not cite any sources. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|National Police of Uruguay|
Policía Nacional de Uruguay
Patch of the National Police.
|Formed||December 18, 1829|
|Governing body||Cabinet of Uruguay|
The National Police of Uruguay is the police institution of Uruguay created 18 December 1829, formed by civil personnel, with complete attributions of police. It constitutes the Security Force, is a body of national and professional nature, dependent on the Executive Branch through the Ministry of the Interior.
As administrative police is responsible for the maintenance of Public Order and the prevention of crimes. As an auxiliary of justice, he is responsible for investigating crimes, collecting evidence and handing off criminals to the judiciary.
The National Police is responsible for the personnel in activity:
- Defend freedom, life, and property of all people.
- The maintenance of public order, the preservation of security, the prevention and repression of crime.
On December 18, 1829, the Constitutional and Legislative Assembly of the Eastern State created the office of Political Chief in each of the nine departments. Standing as Political and Police Chief in the whole national territory, Colonel Don Ignacio Oribe. The 18 of December 1829 has been instituted by law, like historical - legal date of "creation of the Uruguayan National Police".
Firearms used by the National Police in its different departments:
- Assault rifle AK-103
- Assault rifle Carabina M4
- Sniper's rifle MSG-90
- Rifle de Francotirador IMBEL 0.308 AGLC
- Ministerio del Interior de la República Oriental del Uruguay
- Jefatura de Policía de Montevideo
- Jefatura de Policía de Colonia
- Dirección Nacional de Bomberos
- Dirección Nacional de Sanidad Policial
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to |