Ram Singh Kaswan
Ram Singh Kaswan (born 10 August 1945) is leader of Bharatiya Janata Party and Member of Parliament from Churu in Rajasthan, India. He was born on 10 August 1945 at village Kalri in Churu district (Rajasthan). His father’s name is Deep Chand and mother’s Kastoori Devi.
He married with Kamla Kaswan on 8 May 1965 and has three daughters and one son Rahul Kaswan who succeeded his father as MP for Churu. He is a self-proclaimed Agriculturist, Political and Social Worker and Advocate.His favourite pastime is reading. He has visited Malaysia and Singapore.
- He was Sarpanch, Kalri, Distt. Churu, Rajasthan for 13 years. And President, Bharatiya Janata Party, District Churu.
- 1991: Elected to 10th Lok Sabha by a narrow margin of 168 Votes against Jai Singh Rathore of INC; Member, Committee on Urban and Rural Development, Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Surface Transport 1992: Member, National Executive Committee, B.J.P.
- 1992 onwards: Member, National Council, B.J.P.
- 1998 - 1999: Member, Rajasthan Legislative Assembly
- 1999: Elected to 13th Lok Sabha (2nd term)
- 1999 - 2000: Member, Committee on Industry, Member, Committee of Privileges
- 2000 - 2004: Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
- 2004: Elected to 14th Lok Sabha (3rd term), Ram Singh Kaswan defeated former Lok Sabha speaker and senior Congress leader Balram Jakhar in the Churu (Lok Sabha constituency) by over 29,000 votes. Member, Committee on Subordinate Legislation, Member, Committee on Industry, Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Commerce, Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Industry
- 2009: Elected to 15th Lok Sabha (4th term)