Sigang District, Tainan
Sigang District in Tainan City
|• Total||34 km2 (13 sq mi)|
|• Density||730/km2 (1,900/sq mi)|
Sigang District (Chinese: 西港區; Hanyu Pinyin: Xīgǎng Qū; Tongyong Pinyin: Sigǎng Cyu; Wade–Giles: Hsi1-kang3 Ch'ü1; Pe̍h-ōe-jī: Sai-káng-khu), alternatively spelled Xigang, is a rural district of about 24,898 residents in Tainan, Taiwan. It is home to two elementary schools, one junior high school, and one high school.
After the handover of Taiwan from Japan to the Republic of China in 1945, Sigang was organized as a rural township of Tainan County. On 25 December 2010, Tainan County was merged with Tainan City and Sigang was upgraded to a district of the city.
The district consists of Xigang, Nanhai, Gangtung, Shelin, Houying, Yingxi, Jinsha, Liucuo, Zhulin, Yongle, Xinfu and Qingan Village.
- "District Office". Tainan City Government Global Website. 2016-06-03. Retrieved 26 July 2019.
Sigang District Office
- "Geographical location, natural environment, and industry overview". Sigang District Office, Tainan City. Retrieved 26 July 2019.
Sigang District is located in southwest Jianan plain, north of the Zengwun River.
- Sigang (Variant - V) at GEOnet Names Server, United States National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
- Shelley Shan (13 August 2014). "Heavy rain floods Tainan, Kaohsiung". Taipei Times. Retrieved 26 July 2019.
According to the Central Weather Bureau, the areas that received the most rainfall in the 13 hours between midnight on Monday and 1pm yesterday were Greater Tainan’s Sigang (西港) and Anding (安定) districts, where 318mm and 313mm of rain accumulated respectively.
- Kun-Sung Liu (2017). "Estimation of seismic ground motions and attendant potential human fatalities from scenario earthquakes on the Chishan fault in southern Taiwan" (PDF). ResearchGate. p. 714. Retrieved 26 July 2019.
9 Sigang 24896 737
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on February 21, 2014. Retrieved February 8, 2014.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sigang District, Tainan.|
- REDIRECT Template:Districts in Taiwan
|This article about a location in Taiwan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|