Location in Tainan City
|• Total||38.5386 km2 (14.8798 sq mi)|
|Population (January 2016)|
|• Density||2,031/km2 (5,260/sq mi)|
Xinying District (Chinese: 新營區; Hanyu Pinyin: Xīnyíng Qū; Tongyong Pinyin: Sinyíng Cyu; Wade–Giles: Hsin1-ying2 ch'ü1; Pe̍h-ōe-jī: Sin-iâⁿ-khu) or Sinying District is a district and the location of second administration center of the city government of Tainan City in Taiwan. Sugar production was the most important industry in Xinying.
On 7 January 1946, Tainan County was established and Xinying Township was made its county capital. On 25 December 1981, Xinying was upgraded to a county-controlled city. After 25 December 2010, Tainan City merged with Tainan County to form a single special municipality, subsequently Xinying City became Xinying District and became the capital of Tainan City along with Anping District.
Located in the northern portion of Tainan, Xinying has a tropical monsoon climate and is known for its many snacks and traditions.
|Name||Neighborhood count||Households count
Senior High Schools
- Xinying Senior High School (國立新營高級中學)
- Xinying Industrial Professional School (國立新營高級工業職業學校)
- Tainan City Nan'guang Private Senior High School (臺南市私立南光高級中學)
- Tainan City Xingguo Private Senior High School (臺南市私立興國高級中學)
- Tainan City Yude Private Industrial Professional School (臺南市私立育德工業家事職業學校)
Junior High Schools
- Tainan City Xindong Junior High School (臺南市立新東國民中學)
- Tainan City Taizi Junior High School (Taizi Palace) (臺南市立太子國民中學【太子宮】)
- Tainan City Nanxin Junior High School (臺南市立南新國民中學)
- Tainan City Xinying District Primary School (臺南市新營區新營國民小學)
- Tainan City Xinying District Tuku Primary School (臺南市新營區土庫國民小學)
- Tainan City Xinying District Gongcheng Primary School (臺南市新營區公誠國民小學)
- Tainan City Xinying District Nanzi Primary School (臺南市新營區南梓國民小學)
- Tainan City Xinying District Xinsheng Primary School (臺南市新營區新生國民小學)
- Tainan City Xinying District Xintai Primary School (臺南市新營區新泰國民小學)
- Tainan City Xinying District Xinjin Primary School (臺南市新營區新進國民小學)
- Tainan City Xinying District Xinqiao Primary School (Tiexian Bridge) (臺南市新營區新橋國民小學【鐵線橋】)
- Tainan City Xinying District Xinxing Primary School (臺南市新營區新興國民小學)
- Tainan City Xinying District Xinmin Primary School (臺南市新營區新民國民小學)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Xinying District, Tainan.|
- Xinying District Office, Tainan City (in English)
|This article about a location in Taiwan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
- "Administrative Districts". 高雄市政府. 30 September 2016. Retrieved 4 April 2017.