|Meinong District |
Meinong District (WG: Meinung, Hakka: 瀰濃 Mî-nùng, Chinese: 美濃區; pinyin: Měinóng Qū) is a Hakka district in Kaohsiung, Taiwan. Meinong is one of the four districts in Kaohsiung that is the central focus of Hakka cultural development. In March 2012, it was named one of the "Top 10 Small Tourist Towns" by the Tourism Bureau.
After the handover of Taiwan from Japan to the Republic of China in 1945, Meinong was organized as an urban township of Kaohsiung County. On 25 December 2010, Kaohsiung County was merged with Kaohsiung City and Meinong was upgraded to a district of the city.
The district is divided into 19 urban villages and 389 neighborhoods. Villages in the district are Fu'an, Gehe, Luxing, Zhongtan, Dexing, Longshan, Shishan, Longdu, Guangde, Xinglong, Zhongzun, Tungmen, Taian, Minong, Qingshui, Jiyang, Jihe, Jitung and Guanglin Village.
- Chung Li-ho Museum
- God of Earth
- Guangshan Temple
- Jhaoyuan Buddhist Temple
- Jhong Lihe Memorial Institute and Footpath of Taiwanese Literature
- Lin Chun-yu Gatehouse
- Literature Pavilion
- Meinong Cultural and Creative Center
- Meinong East Gate Tower
- Meinong Folk Village
- Meinong Hakka Culture Museum
- Meinong Lake
- Mount Jian
- Mount Ling
- Mount Yueguang
- Shuangsi Tropical Viviparous Forest
- Siajhuang Bridge
- Tobacco Towers
- Tseng Wen-chung Fine Arts Museum
- Word-worshipping Paper Incinerator
- Yellow Butterfly Valley
- Yong-an Old Street
- Yuan Siang Yuan Paper Umbrella Culture Village
- Zhong Lihe, Hakka fiction writer of international importance (See Chung Li-ho) (1915-1960)
- Lin Shengxiang 林生祥, social-environmental activist, globally important (Hakka) folk-rock-fusion singer-songwriter
- Lee Yung-te, Minister of Culture
- Lin Hsiang-nung, Minister of the Council of Agriculture (1999–2000)
- Wu Chin-fa, vice chairman of the Council of Cultural Affairs (2004–2008)
- Yang Hung-duen, Minister of Science and Technology (2016–2017)
- "Glossary of Names for Admin Divisions" (PDF). placesearch.moi.gov.tw. Ministry of Interior of the ROC. Archived from the original (PDF) on 19 August 2015. Retrieved 12 June 2015.
- Wong, Maggie Hiufu (30 Mar 2012). "Taiwan names its 10 top small tourist towns". CNN Go. Archived from the original on 2 April 2012. Retrieved 2012-03-31.
- Crook, Steven (2006-11-09). "The tobacco sheds of Meinong". China Post. Retrieved 2008-09-24.
- Fang, Rita (2002-12-04). "Challenges of globalization confront secluded town". Taiwan Journal. Retrieved 2008-09-24.[permanent dead link],
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Meinong District, Kaohsiung.|