This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Line length||13.8 km (8.6 mi)|
|Track gauge||1,067 mm (3 ft 6 in)|
|Electrification||1,500 V DC overhead catenary|
|Operating speed||95 km/h (60 mph)|
The Tōgane Line (東金線 Tōgane-sen) is a railway line in Chiba Prefecture, Japan, owned and operated by East Japan Railway Company (JR East). It connects Ōami Station in the city of Ōamishirasato and Narutō Station in the city of Sanmu.
Some trains run from Ōami to Narutō, and some run through to/from Chiba Station via the Sotobō Line. Every morning, a commuter rapid train (rapid on weekends and holidays) runs from Narutō to Tokyo Station via the Sotobō and Keiyō lines. Every evening, a commuter rapid train (Again, rapid on weekends and holidays) runs from Tokyo to Narutō via the same route as the one in the morning.
- All stations are located in Chiba Prefecture.
- Rapid and commuter rapid trains stop at all stations on the Tōgane Line.
- Trains can pass each other at stations marked "◇", "∨", "∧"; they cannot pass each other at stations marked "｜".
|Ōami||大網||-||0.0||Sotobō Line (some trains through to Soga and Tokyo)||v||Ōamishirasato|
|Narutō||成東||4.2||13.8||Sōbu Main Line||^||Sanmu|
The Boso Railway Co. opened the Oami - Togane section in 1900, and was nationalised in 1907.
JGR opened the Togane - Naruto section in 1911.
The line was electrified (at 1,500 V DC overhead) from 1 October 1973, CTC signalling was commissioned the following year, and freight services ceased in 1999.
Former connecting lines
- Togane station - The Kujukuri Railway Co. operated a 9km 762mm (2'6") gauge line to Kazusa Katakai between 1926 and 1961.
This article incorporates material from the corresponding article in the Japanese Wikipedia.
- Segawa, Yutaka (October 1973). 成田線・東金線ならびに関西本線の電化開業について [Electrification of Narita, Togane, and Kansai Main lines]. The Railway Pictorial (in Japanese). Japan: Denkisha Kenkyūkai (284): 11–13.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tōgane Line.|
- Stations of the Tōgane Line (JR East) (in Japanese)