|Operator||Highlands and Islands Airports Limited|
|Location||Crossapol Argyll and Bute|
|Elevation AMSL||38 ft / 12 m|
Tiree Airport (Scottish Gaelic: Port-adhair Thiriodh) (IATA: TRE, ICAO: EGPU) is located 2.5 nautical miles (4.6 km; 2.9 mi) north northeast of Balemartine on the island of Tiree in the Inner Hebrides off the west coast of Scotland. It is owned and maintained by Highlands and Islands Airports Limited.
The airfield is the former Royal Air Force Station Tiree which was requisitioned in 1940 and became operational in April 1942 before being transferred to Ministry of Civil Aviation in 1947.
The following units were based at RAF Tiree at some point:
- No. 224 Squadron RAF.
- No. 281 Squadron RAF.
- No. 304 Polish Bomber Squadron.
- No. 518 Squadron RAF.
- 819 Naval Air Squadron.
- 845 Naval Air Squadron.
- 1840 Naval Air Squadron.
Airlines and destinations
|Hebridean Air Services||Coll, Oban|
2016 / 17
- Tiree - EGPU
- "RAF Tiree airfield". Control Towers. Retrieved 26 July 2012.
- Jefford 1988, p. 73.
- Jefford 1988, p. 83.
- Jefford 1988, p. 85.
- Jefford 1988, p. 95.
- "Tiree (Reef)". Airfields of Britain Conservation Trust. Retrieved 18 October 2013.
- "Airport Data 2017". UK Civil Aviation Authority. 3 March 2017. Tables 12.1(XLS) and 12.2 (XLS). Retrieved 16 March 2017.
- Jefford, C.G. RAF Squadrons, a Comprehensive Record of the Movement and Equipment of all RAF Squadrons and their Antecedents since 1912. Shrewsbury, Shropshire, UK: Airlife Publishing, 1988. ISBN 1-84037-141-2.
- for Tiree Airport