|Residence||Manikonda, Hyderabad, India|
|Other names||Maatala Maanthrikudu,Guruji|
|Alma mater||Andhra University|
|Years active||1999 – present|
|Known for||Romantic comedy|
|Awards||South Indian International Movie Awards|
Filmfare Awards South
Trivikram Srinivas (born Akella Naga Srinivasa Sarma) is an Indian film screenwriter, dialogue writer, advertising and film director known for his works exclusively in Telugu cinema. In the year 2000, he wrote dialogues for Nuvve Kavali, which won the National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Telugu for that year. Trivikram's craft is known for its high dose of comedy, fast-paced repartee, farcical situations, escapist themes, and comedy thriller plot lines involving action, emotion, courtship, family and marriage.
In the year 2002, his debut directorial Nuvve Nuvve has garnered the Nandi Award for Best Feature Film (silver). His subsequent writing and directorial works include, box office hits such as Samudram (1999), Chiru Navvutho (2000), Nuvvu Naaku Nachav (2001), Manmadhudu (2002), Malliswari (2004), Jai Chiranjeeva (2004), Athadu (2005), Jalsa (2008), Khaleja (2010), Julai (2012), Attarintiki Daredi (2013), S/O Satyamurthy (2015), A Aa (2016), Agnyaathavaasi (2018) and Aravinda Sametha Veera Raghava (2018). Srinivas has garnered seven State Nandi Awards, and two Filmfare Award for Best Director – Telugu awards for directing Athadu and Attarintiki Daredi.
Akella Naga Srinivasa Sarma was born in Bhimavaram, West Godavari District of Andhra Pradesh into a Telugu speaking Brahmin family to Akella Uday Bhaskar Rao and Akella Narsamma. He did his schooling at S.Ch.B.R.M. High School and Intermediate at D.N.R. College in Bhimavaram and graduated with a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) from DNR College, Bhimavaram. He then attained master's degree in Nuclear physics from Andhra University as a gold medalist.
Trivikram and actor Sunil graduated from the same college in Bhimavaram. They are close friends, and were roommates in the initial stage of their film careers. Sunil considers Trivikram as the most influential person in his life. Trivikram also worked as a teacher in a school, teaching Maths and Science. Later, he reached Hyderabad, and stayed with Sunil, writing stories for Daily Serials.
Sunil introduced him to actor Gowtham Raju who hired Trivikram for his children's tuition. In the meanwhile, Trivikram also wrote a short story "Road" which was published in a leading Telugu Weekly.
Screen writing and dialogues
Trivikram had no plans to write film dialogues, but instead had an interest in directing. Sunil, has introduced Gowtam Raju initially and then Gowtam Raju, in turn, introduced Trivikram to T.D.V. Prasad, who asked Trivikram to write the dialogue for the climax scene of the movie he was working on. Prasad, impressed with the result, then asked Trivikram to work as an assistant to director K. Vijaya Bhaskar. It was during this project the Trivikram received an offer to write dialogue for the movie Swayamvaram.
Although Swayamvaram was the first movie for which Trivikram wrote dialogue, Nuvve Kavali was released first. Trivikram went on to write dialogue for Chiru Navvutho, Nuvvu Naaku Nachav, Malliswari, Jai Chiranjeeva and Manmadhudu. He also worked as dialogue writer for the Telugu movie Vasu starring Venkatesh and Bhumika Chawla directed by A. Karunakaran. Though known as a dialogue writer, Trivikram also penned lyrics for a song in the movie Oka Raju Oka Rani, and sang a bit of the song Computersu Artsu Scienceu in his directorial debut Nuvve Nuvve.
Trivikram received critical acclaim with his directorial debut with the film Nuvve Nuvve, a movie dealing in depth with family sentiments along with high doses of comedy. This was followed by the critically acclaimed film Athadu, rated highly for its technical standards. Athadu collected a distributor's share of ₹220 million (US$3.2 million) in its total run, thus becoming the 2005 box office hit in Tollywood. Its satellite rights were sold for ₹45 million (US$650,000). Following upon its initial recognition, the film was dubbed into Tamil, Malayalam, and Hindi, as well as being dubbed into Polish for a release in Poland as a Poszukiwany, becoming the first Telugu film released in Poland.
Trivikram's next directorial Jalsa became the most anticipated film of the year 2008, with a release of 325 prints in 1000 theatres. The film's audio rights were sold to Aditya Music for ₹9 million, the highest for a Telugu film ever in recent times. Jalsa became a major hit at box office by grossing ₹720 million (US$10 million) in 50 days. Jalsa was followed by Khaleja released on 7 October 2010, for which Trivikram directed Mahesh Babu in two Thums Up soft drink commercials to assist in promoting the film. Mahesh Khaleja was his next flick with an average verdict Khaleja collected ₹150 million (US$2.2 million) at global box office.
Trivikram provided the dialogues and screenplay for the film, Theenmaar, starring Pawan Kalyan and Trisha Krishnan in a remake of Love Aaj Kal released in March 2011. He then directed Julayi starring Allu Arjun and Illeana the film became a box-office hit. Next, he directed Attarintiki Daredi starring Pawan Kalyan and Samantha. It was released to high expectations and created an all time Telugu movie records. Despite being troubled with piracy version, which has up to 90 minutes of the movie and went online a few days before the official release of the movie, the film became an Industry hit, shattering all the previous box office records and collected a share of 100 crores". He then directed S/O Satyamurthy starring Allu Arjun and Samantha. The film was released on 9 April 2015 to a general positive response. It grossed ₹905 million and netted a total of ₹519 million at the global box office during its full run. His latest outing is A Aa starring Nithin and Samantha which became a runaway hit. In 2018, his Agnyaathavaasi starring Pawan Kalyan, Keerthy Suresh, and Anu Emmanuel became a disaster, while his Aravinda Sametha Veera Raghava starring NTR Jr. and Pooja Hegde became a blockbuster collecting more than ₹90 crores distributor share worldwide.
|2018||Aravinda Sametha Veera Raghava||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|2013||Attarintiki Daredi||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Filmfare Award for Best Director – Telugu|
SIIMA Award for Best Director - Telugu
SIIMA Award for Best Telugu Film
Nandi Award for Best Popular Feature Film
Nandi Award for Best Dialogue Writer
|2005||Athadu||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Filmfare Award for Best Director – Telugu|
Nandi Award for Best Dialogue Writer
Vamsee International Award for Best Director
|2002||Nuvve Nuvve||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Nandi Award for Best Dialogue Writer|
List of Frequent Cast in Trivikram's films
|Individual||Nuvve Nuvve||Athadu||Jalsa||Khaleja||Julai||Attarintiki Daredi||S/O Satyamurthy||A Aa||Agnyaathavaasi||Aravinda Sametha||Ala Vaikunthapurramloo||Total|
|Mahesh Babu||voice over only||2|
|M. S . Narayana||6|
|Kota Srinivasa Rao||5|
- Pepsi Commercial advertisement with Ram Charan Teja and Mahendra Singh Dhoni
- Celkon Mobile advertisement with Tamannaah Bhatia and Virat Kohli
- Emami Navaratna Thailam commercial with N. T. Rama Rao Jr.
- Santoor Soap advertisement with Mahesh Babu
- BYJU'S App advertisement with Mahesh Babu
About Trivikram's work on Nuvvu Naaku Nachav, Fullhyd.com wrote "The highlights of the film are all the original humour and the subtlety in approach so alien to Tollywood. The dialogue writer, Trivikram Srinivas, is perhaps the real hero in this one." He is popularly known among Telugu audience as "Maatala Maantrikudu" meaning "Wizard of words".He is known for his crisp dialogue writing and intelligent direction. The Hindu compared Trivikram favourably with Shankar, noting that while Trivikram "started his career as a filmmaker with a light-hearted film Nuvve Nuvve", and has been known for "his light-hearted scripts and dialogues, his work on the action film Athadu is "said to be on par with Hollywood flicks."
Srinivas Kanchibotla of Idlebrain.com commented on his directorial debut Nuvve Nuvve as follows:
If what Trivikram has showed us in Swayamvaram, Nuvve Kaavali, Chirunavvuto and Nuvvu Naaku Nachav, were to be considered as just a tip of the proverbial iceberg of his insightful and observant nature of the characters, if what Trivikram made us feel, delving into the depths of the characters in Nuvve Nuvve, if what Trivikram has demonstrated in his dramatic prowess and comedic timing in all the aforementioned movies, were just initial forays decimating the dullness and the dreariness that is plaguing the current Telugu film character, assuring us that his best is yet to come, then we are in for some great treat for times to come.
- 2000, Best Dialogue Writer for Chiru Navvutho
- 2001, Best Dialogue Writer for Nuvvu Naaku Nachav
- 2002, Best Dialogue Writer for Nuvve Nuvve
- 2004, Best Dialogue Writer for Malliswari
- 2005, Best Dialogue Writer for Athadu
- 2013, Best Dialogue Writer for Atharintiki Daaredi
- 2015, B. N. Reddy National Award 
- 2005, Filmfare Award for Best Director – Telugu for Athadu
- 2013, Filmfare Award for Best Director – Telugu for Attarintiki Daredi
- SIIMA Award for Best Director - Telugu - Attarintiki Daredi
- Other awards
- "Trivikram Srinivas biography". Oneindia. Archived from the original on 21 July 2011. Retrieved 2 March 2011.
- Sri Atluri (10 April 2008). "TC Exclusive Interview: Trivikram Srinivas". Telugu Cinema. pp. 1, 2, 3. Archived from the original on 16 July 2011. Retrieved 2 March 2011.
- "Trivikram Srinivas Biography, Trivikram Srinivas Profile – Filmibeat". Oneindia. 7 November 1973. Retrieved 11 November 2015.
- "Trivikram Srinivas bio". 16 Reels. Archived from the original on 13 November 2010. Retrieved 2 March 2011.
- "'Athadu' gets ready!". Sify. 20 June 2005. Retrieved 2 March 2011.
- "Trivikram to direct Prince in Thums Up ad". Oneindia. 22 July 2010. Archived from the original on 8 December 2010. Retrieved 3 March 2011.
- "Reddy Ikkada Soodu Song Aravindha Sametha By Trivikram". TollyBag. 16 November 2017. Retrieved 3 March 2011.
- "Pawan Kalyan, Jayanth's movie will be released on March,28th..!". Telugmall. Archived from the original on 16 July 2011. Retrieved 3 March 2011.
- "Trivikram's next is Julayi". 11 June 2012. Archived from the original on 2 January 2013.
- attarintiki daredi collections: Latest News, Videos and attarintiki daredi collections Photos Times of India (30 April 2015). Retrieved on 2015-11-11.
- "Tollywood director Trivikram Srinivas bags projects with Mahesh Babu and Pawan Kalyan?". DNA India. Retrieved 27 September 2015.
- "Nuvvu Naaku Nachchaav Movie Review". Fullhyderabad. 10 September 2001. Retrieved 2 March 2011.
- M.L. Narasimham (23 February 2004). "Action-packed thriller". The Hindu. Retrieved 2 March 2011.
- Telugu Cinema – Research – Analysis – Some Ramblings -Nuvve Nuvve – Srinivas Kanchibhotla. IdleBrain. Retrieved on 11 November 2015.
- "Nandi Awards 2005 Winners". Ragalahari.com. Retrieved 3 March 2011.
- "Tollywood "Directors" Trivikram Srinivas". Telugu Colours. Retrieved 3 March 2011.
- "Andhra Pradesh government announces Nandi awards for 2014-2016 - Times of India".
- "Vamsee Awards to Mahesh Babu and Bhoomika". Indiaglitz. 28 February 2009. Retrieved 3 March 2011.