|Developer(s)||The VASSAL Team.|
|Stable release||3.2.14 / December 16, 2014|
|Available in||Multilingual (English and 6 other languages)|
The VASSAL Engine is a game engine for building and playing online adaptations of board games, tabletop games and card games. It allows users to play in real time over a live Internet connection, and also by email (PbeM). It runs on all platforms, and is free, open-source software. For example, there is a Star Wars Miniatures module, where players can play with up to three others in a digital replica of the table-top game.
VASSAL modules exist for over 1000 games, some of which are listed here. A more comprehensive, but not exhaustive, list of modules exists on the VASSAL module site list.
- V40k, a Warhammer 40,000 module. Perhaps the most played module now.
- Battlefleet Gothic
- Star Wars Tactics
- Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game
- Warmachine and Hordes
Copyright and licensing
Games Workshop has also issued a cease-and-desist order regarding Space Hulk.
- Official VASSAL Website
- R.Flaibani. "The Master and His Vassal". Retrieved 20 April 2015.
- Download Source for Battlefleet Gothic Module
- Mordheim Module Download
- Warmachine&Hordes Vassal Module Download
- Module Shadows over Camelot Download
- Playing Cards
- Module Site
- GW V40k Legal Action