Winchmore Hill railway station
|Local authority||London Borough of Enfield|
|Managed by||Great Northern|
|Number of platforms||2|
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|Lists of stations|
London transport portal|
UK Railways portal
Winchmore Hill railway station is in Station Road (which, before the arrival of the railway, was known as "Middle Lane"), Winchmore Hill in the London Borough of Enfield in North London, England, in Travelcard Zone 4. It is 7 miles 63 chains (12.53 km) down the line from London King's Cross on the Hertford Loop Line. The station, and all trains serving it are operated by Great Northern. Originally, upon opening in 1871, the station building was almost identical to that at neighbouring Palmers Green. However, in 1965 the northbound side of the building was demolished due to subsidence. In the 1970s the station boasted, on its southbound platform, a small newsagent and sweet shop, just beyond the base of the stairs down to the platform, but by 1980 this shop had been dismantled.
At weekends, the service is a half-hourly service to Moorgate & Hertford North and an hourly service to Stevenage. Southbound trains at this time (and after 22.00 on weekdays) used to run to King's Cross, but now use the Moorgate branch throughout until the end of the service.
- Oyster pay and go arrived at this station on 2 January 2010.
London Buses route W9 serve the station.
- "Station usage estimates". Rail statistics. Office of Rail Regulation. Please note: Some methodology may vary year on year.
- Padgett, David (October 2016) . Brailsford, Martyn, ed. Railway Track Diagrams 2: Eastern (4th ed.). Frome: Trackmaps. map 24A. ISBN 978-0-9549866-8-1.
- Jackson, Alan A (1999). London's Local Railways. Capital Transport. p. 335. ISBN 1-85414-209-7.
- Table 24 National Rail timetable, May 2016
- Oyster Card and National Rail, National Rail Enquiries Website Archived 10 January 2008 at the Wayback Machine.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Winchmore Hill railway station.|
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
|Palmers Green||Great Northern
Hertford Loop Line