Gordon Hill railway station
|Local authority||London Borough of Enfield|
|Managed by||Great Northern|
|Number of platforms||3|
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|London transport portal|
Gordon Hill railway station serves Gordon Hill in the London Borough of Enfield, north London. It is 9 miles 69 chains (15.87 km) down the line from London King's Cross on the Hertford Loop Line, in Travelcard Zone 5. It was opened in April 1910. The station and the trains serving it are currently operated by Great Northern.
Three platforms are currently in use: Hertford-bound trains stop at platform 3 and London-bound trains stop at platform 2; platform 1 is a terminus platform used by certain trains to and from London, mainly during peak hours. A fourth platform face (opposite platform 3) is now disused - this was once used by North London Railway services to/from Broad Street.
In autumn 2008, a new Shere FASTticket self-service ticket machine, accepting both cash and debit/credit cards was installed.
On Saturdays, the service is 4 trains per hour to Moorgate and to Hertford North, with 2 trains per hour extended to Stevenage.
On Sundays, the service is 2 trains per hour to Moorgate and to Hertford North, with one train per hour extended to Stevenage.
A number of trains to/from Moorgate start or terminate here on weekdays.
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
|Enfield Chase||Great Northern
Hertford Loop Line
- Oyster Pay As You Go, introduced at this station on 2 January 2010, allows customers to make use of the Oyster card readers at the station.
London Buses route W8 serves the station.
- "Station usage estimates". Rail statistics. Office of Rail Regulation. Please note: Some methodology may vary year on year.
- Padgett, David (October 2016) . Brailsford, Martyn (ed.). Railway Track Diagrams 2: Eastern (4th ed.). Frome: Trackmaps. map 24A. ISBN 978-0-9549866-8-1.
- "The North London Railway Historical Society - Tours (2005)"NLRHS.org.uk; Retrieved 22 August 2016
- Table 24 National Rail timetable, May 2016
- Oyster Card and National Rail, National Rail Enquiries Website Archived 10 January 2008 at the Wayback Machine
- Hornby, Frank (1995) London Commuter Lines. Volume 1: Main lines north of the Thames. Kettering: Silver Link Publishing Ltd.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gordon Hill railway station.|