Gordon Hill railway station
Location of Gordon Hill in Greater London
|Local authority||London Borough of Enfield|
|Managed by||Great Northern|
|Number of platforms||3|
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|Lists of stations|
| London Transport portal
UK Railways portal
Gordon Hill railway station is in Gordon Hill, in the London Borough of Enfield in north London, in Travelcard Zone 5. It was opened in April 1910. The station and the trains serving it are currently operated by Great Northern, on the Hertford Loop Line.
Three platforms are currently in use: Hertford-bound trains stop at platform 3 and London-bound trains stop at platform 2; platform 1 is a terminus platform used by certain trains to and from London, mainly during peak hours. A fourth platform face (opposite platform 3) is now disused - this was once used by North London Railway services to/from Broad Street.
In autumn 2008, a new Shere FASTticket self-service ticket machine, accepting both cash and debit/credit cards was installed.
At weekends, the service is a half-hourly service to Moorgate & Hertford North and an hourly service to Stevenage.
A number of trains to/from Moorgate start or terminate here on weekdays.
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
|Enfield Chase||Great Northern
Hertford Loop Line
|Crews Hill or
- Oyster Pay As You Go, introduced at this station on 2 January 2010, allows customers to make use of the Oyster card readers at the station.
London Buses route W8 serves the station.
- "Station usage estimates". Rail statistics. Office of Rail Regulation. Please note: Some methodology may vary year on year.
- "The North London Railway Historical Society - Tours (2005)"NLRHS.org.uk; Retrieved 22 August 2016
- Table 24 National Rail timetable, May 2016
- Oyster Card and National Rail, National Rail Enquiries Website Archived 10 January 2008 at the Wayback Machine.
- Hornby, Frank (1995) London Commuter Lines. Volume 1: Main lines north of the Thames. Kettering: Silver Link Publishing Ltd.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gordon Hill railway station.|