||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (March 2014)|
|Type||Pay TV Provider|
|Products||IPTV, Pay television, Pay-per-view|
Fetch TV is an Australian Internet Protocol television (IPTV) founded in July 2010, operating a subscription television service over a user's regular internet service. Fetch TV launched in 2010, backed by its Malaysian parent (40%) Astro All Asia Networks, and is sold through Optus and iiNet companies (iiNet, Internode, Westnet and Adam Internet).
Fetch TV provides a full-featured set top box with a personal video recorder and adds up to 35 subscription channels, radio, video on demand, pay per view movies, web applications, and a mobile app.
The service is delivered by either multicast or ITLS adaptive bitrate streaming. The minimum internet sync speed required varies by ISP delivery method. The majority of Fetch TV content is unmetered when delivered over a broadband connection from a Fetch TV ISP partner.
Fetch TV Australia faces significant opposition in the market place from competitors like Foxtel, Telstra T-Box, Netflix and Hulu, leading to comments by mainstream technology and financial media sources that the service needs to ramp up its subscriber base to progress. In response the company says it has strategies in place to produce success and increase its subscription base significantly.
- "New FetchTV box + service: Review: It’s a game changer". Delimiter. LeMay & Galt Media. 3 April 2013. Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- Turner, Adam (16 February 2014). "etch TV v Telstra T-Box: which is the best PVR?". Sydney Morning Herald. Fairfax Media. Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- "FetchTV: An updated review for 2012". Delimiter. LeMay & Galt Media. 9 March 2012. Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- Ramli, David (25 January 2014). "Optus, iiNet join Fetch in ad campaign". Australian Financial Review. Fairfax Media. Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- Polites, Harrison (22 July 2013). "Poor metrics cast shadow over Fetch TV's growth plans". Technology Spectator. Business Spectator Pty Ltd.
- Hutchinson, James (11 Mat 2011). "FetchTV eyes top 10 ISPs to take on Telstra". Computerworld. IDG Communications. Retrieved 11 April 2014.