From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Gpu)
|Look up GPU in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
GPU may be an abbreviation for:
- Graphics processing unit, a special stream processor used in computer graphics hardware
- Ground power unit, a type of Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) used on the ground at airports
- General Public Utilities, a defunct New Jersey-based electric utility purchased by FirstEnergy Corporation in 2001, and the original owners of the Three Mile Island nuclear plant
- The Global Peace and Unity event, an annual Muslim conference held at ExCeL Exhibition Centre in London
- Gosudarstvennoye Politicheskoye Upravlenie (State Political Directorate), the secret police of the RSFSR and USSR until 1934
- GRU or Glavnoye Razvedyvatel'noye Upravleniye (Russian: Главное разведывательное управление), English: Main Intelligence Directorate
- Because for Russian (Cyrillic) alphabet P is the capital letter for r, mistakes are generated for the translation of acronyms in capital letters and this fact is the main cause for misunderstanding the signification of GPU or GRU in Russian language. For Latin languages, there are two acronyms for the same entity.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.