From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Gpu)
GPU may be an acronym for:
 Computing Science
- Global processing unit, a generic name for a distributed computing project
- Gnutella processing unit, a distributed computing client
- Graphics processing unit, a special stream processor used in computer graphics hardware
 Power Engineering
- Ground power unit, a type of Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) used on the ground at airports to supply electric power toward aircraft without an onboard APU. It is also used by aircraft with APUs if the airport authority does not permit the usage of APUs at its docks or if the carrier wishes to save on the use of jet fuel (which APU's use). The most common form of GPU is a small vehicle or trailer with a diesel generator although units fueled with gasoline are not unknown. There are also all-electric units that use electricity from the local electrical grid.
- Guitar Processing Unit (reference)
- Gatwick Ports Unit, the Special Branch unit based at Gatwick Airport
- General Public Utilities, a defunct New Jersey-based electric utility purchased by FirstEnergy Corporation in 2001, and the original owners of the Three Mile Island nuclear plant
- The Global Peace and Unity event, an annual Muslim conference held at ExCeL Exhibition Centre in London
- Gosudarstvennoye Politicheskoye Upravlenie (State Political Directorate), the secret police of the RSFSR and USSR until 1934
- Guinea pig units used in pharmacology
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.