Interstate 90 in Ohio
|Maintained by OTC and Ohio DOT|
|Length:||244.75 mi (393.89 km)|
|Existed:||1956 – present|
|West end:||I-80 / I-90 / Indiana Toll Road at Indiana state line|
| I‑80 / Ohio Turnpike in Elyria Township
I‑71 / I‑490 in Cleveland
I‑77 in Cleveland
I‑271 in Willoughby Hills
SR 11 near Ashtabula
|East end:||I-90 at Pennsylvania state line|
In the U.S. state of Ohio, Interstate 90 runs east–west across the northern tier. Much of it is along the Ohio Turnpike, but sections outside the turnpike pass through Cleveland and northeast into Pennsylvania.
In the western half of Ohio, Interstate 90 is jointly signed with the Ohio Turnpike/Interstate 80. The Ohio Turnpike–I-90 connector (designated Exit 8A, now Exit 142) was built in Lorain County in Amherst Township and Elyria Township in 1975.
From the exit east, I-90/State Route 2 travels east along the south shore of Lake Erie through Cuyahoga County to downtown Cleveland. State Route 2 separates from Interstate 90 at Detroit Road in Rocky River. Interstate 90 crosses the Cuyahoga River via the George V. Voinovich Bridges, which replaced the Innerbelt Bridge in 2013, into downtown Cleveland and, after passing Dead Man's Curve, follows the East Shoreway northeastward along the lakeshore toward Euclid, again co-signed with State Route 2. Interstate 90 separates from State Route 2 in Euclid and passes through Lake County and Ashtabula County as it continues to travel northeast towards the Pennsylvania state line in Conneaut.
US 20 parallels Interstate 90 throughout Ohio, as it does in all locations from Illinois eastward; US 6 also parallels I-90 to a lesser extent throughout the state. East of Interstate 271, State Routes 84 and 307 also closely parallel I-90. These routes are usually easily accessible from I-90's interchanges.
||This section contains a table that is missing mileposts for one or more junctions. Please help by .|
|County||Location||Mile||km||Old exit||New exit||Destinations||Notes|
|Williams||Northwest Township||0.0||0.0||—||I-80 west / I-90 west / Indiana Toll Road west||Continuation into Indiana|
|2.0||3.2||1||—||SR 49||Diamond interchange with no ramp tolls|
|2.7||4.3||Westgate Toll Barrier|
|Holiday City||13.5||21.7||2||13||SR 15 – Bryan, Montpelier|
|Fulton||Franklin Township||25.5||41.0||2A||25||SR 66 – Archbold, Fayette||Opened November 13, 1998|
|Dover Township||34.9||56.2||3||34||SR 108 – Wauseon|
|Pike Township||39.8||64.1||3B||39||SR 109 – Delta, Lyons||Opened December 20, 1996|
|Lucas||Monclova Township||52.6||84.7||3A||52||SR 2 – Swanton, Toledo Airport|
|Maumee||59.5||95.8||4||59||US 20 to I‑475 / US 23 – Maumee, Toledo|
|Wood||Perrysburg||64.9||104.4||4A||64||I‑75 – Toledo, Dayton|
|Lake Township||71.7||115.4||5||71||I‑280 north / SR 420 south – Toledo, Detroit, Stony Ridge|
|Ottawa||Harris Township||81.8||131.6||5A||81||SR 51 – Elmore, Elmore, Woodville, Gibsonburg||Opened February 6, 1997|
|Sandusky||Sandusky Township||91.6||147.4||6||91||SR 53 – Fremont, Port Clinton|
|Erie||Groton Township||110.2||177.3||6A||110||SR 4 – Sandusky, Bucyrus||Opened December 15, 1994|
|Milan Township||118.5||190.7||7||118||US 250 – Sandusky, Norwalk||Southernmost point on I-90|
|Lorain||Brownhelm Township||135.9||218.7||7A||135||Baumhart Road – Vermilion||Opened December 13, 1995|
|Amherst Township||140.6||226.3||7B||140||SR 58 – Amherst, Oberlin||Opened November 30, 2004|
|Elyria Township||142.8||229.8||8A||142||I‑80 west / Ohio Turnpike – Toledo||Eastern end of I-80/OTC concurrency; I-90 exits turnpike via exit 142 eastbound|
|144||SR 2 west – Lorain, Sandusky||West end of SR 2 overlap; westbound exit and eastbound entrance; last free exit westbound|
|Elyria||145||SR 57 to I‑80 / Ohio Turnpike – Elyria, Lorain||Signed as exits 145A (south) and 145B (north)|
|Sheffield||148||SR 254 – Sheffield, Avon|
|Avon||151||SR 611 – Avon, Sheffield|
|153||SR 83 – Avon Lake, Avon, North Ridgeville|
|155||Nagel Road- Avon Lake, North Ridgeville, Avon||Opened December 20, 2012|
|Cuyahoga||Westlake||156||Crocker Road, Bassett Road- Bay Village, Westlake, North Olmsted|
|159||SR 252 (Columbia Road)|
|160||Clague Road||Westbound exit and eastbound entrance|
|Rocky River||161||SR 2 east / SR 254 (Detroit Road)||East end of SR 2 overlap; eastbound exit and westbound entrance|
|162||Hilliard Boulevard – Rocky River||Westbound exit and eastbound entrance|
|Lakewood||164||McKinley Avenue – Lakewood|
|Cleveland||165A||Warren Road||Signed as exit 165 eastbound|
|165B||Bunts Road / West 140th Street||Eastbound exit is via exit 165|
|166||West 117th Street|
|167||To SR 10 (Lorain Avenue) / West Boulevand||Eastbound exit and westbound entrance|
|167A||West 98th Street / West Boulevard||Westbound exit and eastbound entrance|
|167B||SR 10 (Lorain Avenue)||Westbound exit and eastbound entrance|
|169||West 44th Street / West 41st Street|
|170A||US 42 (West 25th Street)||Eastbound exit and westbound entrance|
|170C||I‑490 east to I‑77||Eastbound exit and westbound entrance|
|170B||I‑71 south / SR 176 south – Columbus|
|171||West 14th Street / Abbey Avenue||Westbound exit and eastbound entrance (closed)|
|171||US 422 / SR 14 (Broadway / Ontario Street)||Eastbound exit and westbound entrance (closed); signed at exits 171A (east) and 171B (west)|
|172A||I‑77 south / East 9th Street – Akron||East 9th Street access from I-90 eastbound only; I-77 access from I-90 westbound only|
|172B||East 22nd Street||Eastbound exit and westbound entrance|
|172C||Carnegie Avenue||Eastbound exit and westbound entrance|
|173A||Prospect Avenue||No eastbound exit|
|173B||Chester Avenue (US 322)||Unsigned for US 322|
|173C||Superior Avenue (US 6) / St. Clair Avenue||Unsigned for US 6|
|174A||Lakeside Avenue||Eastbound exit and westbound entrance|
|174B||SR 2 west – Lakewood, Downtown Cleveland||Western terminus of concurrency with SR 2; sharp turn 35 mph (56 km/h) in both directions|
|175||East 55th Street / Marginal Roads|
|176||SR 283 west (East 72nd Street)||Western terminus of concurrency with SR 283|
|177||Martin Luther King Jr. Drive / University Circle|
|Bratenahl||178||Eddy Road – Bratenahl|
|179||SR 283 east (Lake Shore Boulevard)||Eastern terminus of concurrency with SR 283;
Eastbound exit and westbound entrance
|Cleveland||180||East 140th Street / East 152nd Street||Signed as exits 180A (140th Street) and 180B (152nd Street) eastbound|
|181||East 156th Street||Westbound exit and entrance only|
|182A||East 185th Street|
|182B||East 200th Street|
|Euclid||183||East 222nd Street|
|184||SR 175 (East 260th Street) / Babbitt Road||Signed as exits 184A (Babbitt Road) and 184B (SR 175) eastbound|
|185||SR 2 east – Painesville||Eastern terminus of concurrency with SR 2|
|186||US 20 (Euclid Avenue)|
|Lake||Wickliffe||187||SR 84 (Bishop Road)|
|Willoughby Hills||188||I‑271 south – Akron, Columbus||Northern terminus of I-271|
|189||SR 91 – Willoughby Hills, Willoughby|
|190||I‑271 express south to US 422 / SR 87 / Chagrin Boulevard – Columbus||To express lanes only; Westbound exit and eastbound entrance|
|Willoughby||193||SR 306 – Mentor, Kirtland|
|Mentor||195||SR 615 (Center Street) – Kirtland Hills, Mentor||Interchange opened November 24, 2003|
|Concord Township||200||SR 44 – Painesville, Chardon|
|Leroy Township||205||Vrooman Road|
|Madison||212||SR 528 – Madison, Thompson|
|Ashtabula||Harpersfield Township||218||SR 534 – Geneva|
|Austinburg Township||223||SR 45 – Ashtabula, Warren||Austinburg; Rock Creek;
Jefferson via SR 307
|Plymouth Township||228||SR 11 to SR 46 – Youngstown, Ashtabula||Jefferson via SR 46|
|Kingsville Township||235||SR 84 / SR 193 – North Kingsville||Youngstown|
|Conneaut||241||SR 7 – Andover, Conneaut||Youngstown|
|—||I-90 east||Continuation into Pennsylvania|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Interstate 90 in Ohio.|
- "Route Log- Main Routes of the Eisenhower National System of Interstate and Defense Highways - Table 1". Federal Highway Administration. Retrieved 4 October 2014.
- Official Transportation Map archive, Ohio Department of Transportation
- "Interstate 90 Now OPEN: All Traffic on NEW Innerbelt Bridge!" (Press release). Ohio Department of Transportation District 12. November 23, 2013. Retrieved March 31, 2014.
- Ohio Revised Code 5533.35
- Ohio Revised Code Chapter 5533
- Ohio Department of Transportation (2007). Ohio Official Transportation Map (Map). Cartography by ODOT.
- DeLorme (2007). Street Atlas USA (Map).
- Staff. "Interchanges". Ohio Turnpike Commission. Retrieved August 7, 2011.
- Patch, David (November 10, 1998). "Archbold Turnpike Exit to Open". The Blade (Toledo, OH). Retrieved June 18, 2008.
- "Fulton County Turnpike Gate to Open Friday". The Blade (Toledo, OH). December 17, 1996. Retrieved June 16, 2008.
- Patch, David (February 7, 1997). "Turnpike's Gate 5A Opens, Widens Elmore Area Access". The Blade (Toledo, OH). Retrieved June 16, 2008.
- McEaneney, Dennis (December 2, 1994). "Gate 13 A Joins Pike". Akron Beacon Journal. Retrieved June 16, 2008.
- Kavanaugh, Molly (December 14, 1995). "New Turnpike Interchange Opens at Baumhart Road". The Plain Dealer (Cleveland, OH). Retrieved June 16, 2008.
- "Turnpike ramp at SR 58 to open today after 11 years". The Morning Journal (Lorain, OH). November 30, 2004. Retrieved May 7, 2012.
- Henry, Jason (December 21, 2012). "Avon Gets Connected; Traffic Flows Freely at Completed Nagel Road Interchange". The Morning Journal (Lorain, OH). Retrieved December 21, 2012.
- "Two Interstate 77/90 Ramps to Close Permanently as Part of Innerbelt Work" (press release). Ohio Department of Transportation District 12, 2011-04-05. Retrieved on 2011-04-07.
- Wendel, Kim (2011-04-10). "ODOT: Two I-77/90 ramps to close permanently". WKYC. Retrieved 2011-04-12.
- Seward, Jennifer (2003-11-25). "615 ramp now open". The News-Herald. Retrieved 2010-09-14.