Moe's Southwest Grill
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (March 2014)|
|Industry||Fast casual restaurant|
|Founded||Atlanta, Georgia, United States 2000|
|Headquarters||Atlanta, United States|
|Number of locations||522 (2013)|
|Area served||North America|
|Key people||Paul Damico (President)|
|Products||Tacos, Burritos, Quesadillas, Stacks, Nachos, Burrito Bowls and other Southwestern fare|
Moe's Southwest Grill, referred to informally as Moe's, was founded in Atlanta, Georgia, in December 2000, by Raving Brands. In August 2007, the brand was purchased by FOCUS Brands. As of the 2013 purchase, there are about 500 locations in operation in 35 states.
Many of the menu items have names drawn from popular culture memes such as:
- "Art Vandalay" and "Close Talker" (both from the television series Seinfeld)
- "Who is Kaiser Salsa", a reference to the villain in The Usual Suspects.
- "El Guapo's Infamous Salsa", named after the villain in the movie Three Amigos.
- The "Triple Lindy" burrito (no longer on the menu), a reference to the movie Back to School.
- The "John Coctostan" quesadilla, a reference to the movie Fletch.
- The "Billy Barou" nachos, a reference to the movie Caddyshack.
- The "Ruprict" may be a mistaken reference to Steve Martin's character "Ruprecht" in a scene from the movie Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.
- The "Julia Gulia" stack, a reference to the movie The Wedding Singer
- The "Earmuffs" burrito bowl, a reference to the movie Old School
- The "Wrong Doug" stack, a reference to the movie The Hangover.
The number of Moe's locations has now increased to 520+ according to their recent promotion celebrating the achievement.
According to the company website, franchise partners exist in Costa Rica, Libya and Turkey.
- FOCUS Brands press release, FOCUS Brands and Roark Capital Complete Purchase of Moe's Southwest Grill, August 30, 2007
- FOCUS Brands press release, Moe’s Southwest Grill Names Paul Damico as Brand President, May 6, 2008
- FOCUS Brands press release, FOCUS Brands to Acquire Moe’s Southwest Grill, April 11, 2007
- Minnick, Fred, FOCUS Brands Buys Moe's Southwest Grill, QSR Magazine, April 11, 2007
- McClurg, Kelly (2002-04-12). "Moe's Southwest Grill expanding in local market". Birmingham Business Journal. Retrieved 2009-04-01.
- Moe's Official Website
- Moe's Official Facebook
- Moe's Official Twitter
- Moe's Instagram
- Moe's YouTube
- FOCUS Brands Official Website
- Moe's Southwest Grill (Fiesta de Comida)