Yorkie (chocolate bar)
The Yorkie bar, a chunkier alternative to Cadbury's Dairy Milk, was aimed at men. In the 1980s for example, toy lorries with the Yorkie bar logo were manufactured by Corgi, and television advertisements for the Yorkie bar featured truck drivers. In 2001, the advertisement campaign made this more explicit with the slogan and wrapper tagline It's not for girls, which caused controversy. Nestlé also received complaints about this campaign from Norwegian and British people, who found it sexist and distasteful. Special versions for use in Ministry of Defence ration packs read It's not for civvies. In 2006 a special edition that was for girls was sold, wrapped in pink. Aside from the original milk chocolate bar, several variants are available, such as "raisin and biscuit" flavour, "honeycomb" flavour, and Yorkie Ice Cream.
For a time, trains arriving at York railway station would pass a billboard which read "Welcome to" and then a picture of a Yorkie bar, with the end bitten off, so it read "Welcome to York" (and beneath it, the slogan "Where the men are hunky and the chocolate's chunky").
Size Changes 
Yorkie was originally composed of six chunks of chocolate, weighing 2oz or 58g. More recently, in an effort to reduce costs, the number of chunks has been reduced to five. The weight of the bar has varied over the years. In 2002, Yorkie bars were 70 grams. This had been reduced to 64.5 grams by 2010, and was reduced further to 61 grams in 2011 and then 55 grams later that year. Yorkie King size bars have also reduced in size. In 2011, standard Yorkie bars became available in 3 packs and the 'Not for Girls' slogan was dropped round about then.
- Raisin & Biscuit
- White
- Dark chocolate
- Peanut (discontinued)
- Almond (discontinued)
- "The Nutter" (mixed nuts - discontinued)
- Biscuit (is a biscuit made with Yorkie original chocolate)
Other information 
- "Yorkie". http://www.nestle.co.uk. Retrieved 25 December 2012.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxk4YFs3jLw[dead link]
- It may not be for girls, but Yorkie no longer man-sized - Irish, Business - Independent.ie
- http://www.taquitos.net/snacks.php?snack_code=2468 taquitos.net
- http://www.taquitos.net/snacks.php?snack_code=2535 taquitos.net
- "Case Studies | Merlin Sponsorship". merlinsponsorship.com. Retrieved 25 December 2012. Text " Yorkie Stealth " ignored (help); Text " Merlin Entertainment Group" ignored (help)
See Also