1957 in Malaya
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 1957 in Malaysia)
1957 in Malaya
Incumbents (From 31 August 1957)
- Yang di-Pertuan Agong: Tuanku Abdul Rahman of Negeri Sembilan
- Raja Permaisuri Agong: Tuanku Kurshiah of Negeri Sembilan
- Prime Minister: Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Al-Haj
- Deputy Prime Minister: Datuk Abdul Razak Hussein
- Sultan of Johor: Sultan Ibrahim
- Sultan of Kedah: Sultan Badlishah
- Sultan of Kelantan: Sultan Ibrahim
- Raja of Perlis: Tuanku Syed Putra
- Sultan of Perak: Sultan Yusuf Izzuddin Shah
- Sultan of Pahang: Sultan Abu Bakar
- Sultan of Selangor: Sultan Hisamuddin Alam Shah (Deputy Yang di-Pertuan Agong)
- Sultan of Terengganu: Sultan Ismail Nasiruddin Shah
- Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan: Tengku Munawir (Regent)
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Penang: Raja Tun Uda
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Malacca: Tun Leong Yew Koh
- (Source: Malaysian Department of Informations)
- 15 August – The Federal Legislative Council passed the first Federation of Malayan constitution from the Reid Commission.
- 27 August – The Federation of Malayan constitution took effect for the first time.
- 30 August – Stadium Merdeka is officially opened.
- 31 August – Malaya achieved its independence from Britain.
- 31 August - 7 September – The Merdeka Tournament or Pestabola Merdeka is held for the first time since independence.
- 1 September – Tuanku Abdul Rahman of Negeri Sembilan is installed as the first Yang di-Pertuan Agong.
- 2 September – Malaya officially admitted to 88th United Nations members.
- October – SMK Assunta is established.
- 3 October – The Agreement Between the Government of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the Government of the Federation of Malaya on External Defense and Mutual Assistance was finalized.
- 30 October – The Alliance (the predecessor of the Barisan Nasional political coalition in Malaysia) was officially registered as a political organization.
- 1 December – The Malayan Public Records Office (now known as the Malaysian National Archives or Arkib Negara) was formed.
- 30 December – The first Malay Cultural Congress was held at Melaka.
- 31 August - 7 September – 1957 Merdeka Tournament
- Mohammad Nizar Jamaluddin - Menteri Besar of Perak (2008–2009)
- M. Nasir - Singer, composer, producer, actor and film director.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|