Annapurna Labs is an Israeli microelectronics company. Since January 2015 it has been a subsidiary of Amazon.com. Amazon reportedly acquired the company for its Amazon Web Services division for US$350–370M.
Annapurna Labs, named after a Himalayan peak Annapurna Massif, was co-founded by Bilic "Billy" Hrvoje, a Bosnian Jewish refugee, and Nafea Bshara, a Christian Arab Israeli citizen, with investments from independent investors Avigdor Willenz, Manuel Alba, Andy Bechtolsheim, venture capital firm Walden International, Arm Holdings, and other TSMC. Board members include Avigdor Willenz, Manuel Alba, and Lip-Bu Tan, the CEO of both Walden International and Cadence Design Systems.
CPU: 2x ARM Cortex-A15
CPU: 4x ARM Cortex-A15
CPU: 4x ARM Cortex-A15
AWS Graviton (AL73400)
The AWS Graviton (AL73400) was announced in November 2018 at Amazon's AWS re:Invent 2018. It features:
- CPU: 16x ARM Cortex-A72 @ up to 2.3 GHz
- Memory: Up to 32GB
- Network Bandwidth: Up to 10 Gbit/s
- EBS Bandwidth: Up to 3.5 Gbit/s
- AWS Deployment: Amazon EC2 A1 instances
The AWS Graviton2 was announced in December 2019 at Amazon's AWS re:Invent 2019. It features:
- CPU: 64x Arm Neoverse N1 @ up to 2.5 GHz
- Memory: Up to 512GB
- Enhanced Network Bandwidth: Up to 25 Gbit/s
- EBS Bandwidth: Up to 18.5 Gbit/s
- AWS Deployment: Amazon EC2 M6g, R6g C6g and T4g instances
The AWS Inferentia was announced in December 2018 at Amazon's AWS re:Invent 2018. It features:
- Inference-optimized machine learning
- Neuron SDK, integrated with TensorFlow, PyTorch, and MxNET
- Available in EC2 Inf1 instances
- "Amazon to buy Israeli start-up Annapurna Labs". Reuters. 22 January 2015. Retrieved 2015-01-24.
- "Amazon buys secretive chip maker Annapurna Labs for $350 million". ExtremeTech. Retrieved 2015-01-24.
- "Annapurna Labs: AWS' Secret Sauce". Retrieved 2019-12-09.
- Rebecca Kopans. "If you can dream it, you can do it" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2019-12-09. Retrieved 2019-12-09.
- Kristen Lisa. "AWS and ARM: Working together to re-invent the cloud". Retrieved 2019-12-09.
- "Semiconductors fueling Cloud!". semiwiki.com. Retrieved 2015-01-24.
- "Annapurna Labs on Wikidev". Archived from the original on 2019-10-02.
- Cutress, Ian. "GIGABYTE Server Releases ARM Solutions using AppliedMicro and Annapurna Labs SoCs". www.anandtech.com. Retrieved 2019-05-26.
- "Mikrotik RouterBoard RB1100AHx4 RB1100AHx4 complete Extreme Performance Router with 13-10/100/1000 ethernet ports and RouterOS Level 6 license - New! :: Mikrotik Rack Mount Routers :: ICD Group, Inc". www.roc-noc.com. Retrieved 2019-05-26.
- "Amazon EC2 A1 Instances". Amazon Web Services, Inc. Retrieved 2019-05-26.
- Frumusanu, Andrei. "Amazon's Arm-based Graviton2 Against AMD and Intel: Comparing Cloud Compute". www.anandtech.com. Retrieved 2020-04-08.
- Frumusanu, Andrei. "Amazon Announces Graviton2 SoC Along With New AWS Instances: 64-Core Arm With Large Performance Uplifts". www.anandtech.com. Retrieved 2019-12-04.