Double Helix Games
|Headquarters||Irvine, California, United States|
|Owner||Amazon Game Studios|
Number of employees
Double Helix Games LLC now Amazon Game Studios, Orange County is an American video game developer based in Irvine, California, founded in 2007 through two mergers of Foundation 9 studios, The Collective and Shiny Entertainment. The studio was acquired by Amazon.com on February 5, 2014. The studio's first release was Silent Hill: Homecoming for the PlayStation 3 and the Xbox 360.
Double Helix Games was formed in 2007 via a merger between two Foundation 9 studios, The Collective and Shiny Entertainment. Double Helix Games cites on their website that the combined development experience totals 20+ years and that it is one of the largest and most experienced game developers in the world. Double Helix Games also states on their website that they are a developer for all the major home consoles and that they have worked with numerous notable IPs such as Star Wars, The Matrix, Indiana Jones and Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
Double Helix Games began using the HEX Engine for their upcoming titles on the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. The third entry in the Killer Instinct series was the first of these titles released that uses their new engine.
In February 2014, the company was acquired by Amazon.com In a statement released to Polygon Microsoft stated that they'd be working with a "new development partner" on Double Helix's Killer Instinct title going forward.
|2008||Silent Hill: Homecoming||No||No||Yes||No||No||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|2009||G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra||No||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||No|
|2010||Front Mission Evolved||No||No||Yes||No||No||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|2011||Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters||No||No||Yes||No||No||Yes||No||Yes||No|
|2013||Killer Instinct (Season 1)||No||No||No||No||No||No||No||No||Yes|
|2014||UFOs love COWs||Yes||No||No||No||No||No||No||No||No|
- "Amazon Acquires Video Gaming Studio Double Helix Games". TechCrunch. February 2, 2014. Retrieved February 6, 2014.
- Double Helix Games Studio Information Retrieved on June 23, 2008.
- "About". Doublehelixgames.com. Retrieved February 6, 2014.
- Farokhmanesh, Megan (February 5, 2014). "Double Helix Games acquired by Amazon (update)". Retrieved February 6, 2014.
- Clements, Ryan (April 22, 2008). "Harker On Hold". IGN. Retrieved October 6, 2008.
- Borman, Andrew (February 17, 2015). "ProtoMedia #5 : Hellions for the Xbox 360". YouTube. Retrieved March 1, 2015.
- BananaSwag (July 26, 2015). "Deep 6". YouTube. Retrieved January 10, 2016.
- BananaSwag (January 10, 2016). "Dark Fathoms (SBT)". YouTube. Retrieved January 10, 2016.
- BananaSwag (January 10, 2016). "SinCity". YouTube. Retrieved January 10, 2016.
|This United States video game corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|