Bob's Red Mill
|Bob Moore, founder|
|Products||natural, gluten free and organic foods|
Number of employees
Bob's Red Mill Natural Foods is a producer of lines of natural, certified organic, and gluten-free milled grain products, billing itself as the "nation's leading miller of diverse whole-grain foods." Its products are distributed throughout the United States and Canada. It produces over 400 products, primarily whole grains that are ground with quartz millstones which come from several 120-year-old mills, as well as baking mixes, beans, seeds, nuts, dried fruits, spices, and herbs.
21st century history
A 2005 estimate has Bob's Red Mill's annual revenue as ranging between US$30 million to $50 million.
In June 2007, the company announced that it was moving its administrative headquarters, manufacturing and warehousing facility to a 325,000-square-foot (30,200 m2) building, from its original 130,000-square-foot (12,000 m2) facility, which it plans[needs update] to sell and sub-lease. Its current manufacturing facility is 82,000 square feet (7,600 m2), and the new facility will triple its manufacturing capacity.
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (July 2013)|
- Tims, Dana (February 16, 2010). "Founder of Bob's Red Mill Natural Foods transfers business to employees". The Oregonian. Retrieved 17 February 2010.
- Kish, Matthew. Bob's in the mill biz for the long haul. Portland Business Journal June 15, 2007
- Strom, Shelly. Taking Red Mill global. Portland Business Journal, February 18, 2005.
- Rose, Michael. Bob's Red Mill is doing just fine, thank you. Portland Business Journal, March 26, 1999.
- Griepentrog, Troy (June 1, 2015). "Gluten-Free Baking Mixes and Other Gluten-Free Products". Mother Earth News. Retrieved June 6, 2015.
- Brinckman, Jonathan. Bob's Red Mill moves to larger Milwaukie building. The Oregonian, June 7, 2007.
- General references