Bob's Red Mill
|Bob Moore, founder|
|Products||natural, gluten free and organic foods|
Number of employees
Bob's Red Mill Natural Foods is a producer of lines of natural, certified organic, and gluten-free milled grain products, billing itself as the "nation's leading miller of diverse whole-grain foods." Its products are distributed throughout the United States, Canada, and a number of other locations such as the Caribbean. It produces over 400 products, primarily whole grains that are ground with quartz millstones which come from several 120-year-old mills, as well as baking mixes, beans, seeds, nuts, dried fruits, spices, and herbs.
21st century history
A 2005 estimate has Bob's Red Mill's annual revenue as ranging between US$30 million to $50 million.
In June 2007, the company announced that it was moving its administrative headquarters, manufacturing and warehousing facility to a 325,000-square-foot (30,200 m2) building, from its original 130,000-square-foot (12,000 m2) facility, which it plans[needs update] to sell and sub-lease. Its current manufacturing facility is 82,000 square feet (7,600 m2), and the new facility will triple its manufacturing capacity.
- Tims, Dana (February 16, 2010). "Founder of Bob's Red Mill Natural Foods transfers business to employees". The Oregonian. Retrieved 17 February 2010.
- Kish, Matthew. Bob's in the mill biz for the long haul. Portland Business Journal June 15, 2007
- Strom, Shelly. Taking Red Mill global. Portland Business Journal, February 18, 2005.
- Rose, Michael. Bob's Red Mill is doing just fine, thank you. Portland Business Journal, March 26, 1999.
- Griepentrog, Troy (June 1, 2015). "Gluten-Free Baking Mixes and Other Gluten-Free Products". Mother Earth News. Retrieved June 6, 2015.
- Brinckman, Jonathan. Bob's Red Mill moves to larger Milwaukie building. The Oregonian, June 7, 2007.
- Article from Portland Business Journal, November 26, 1999
- Article from Portland Business Journal, November 14, 2002