Canada has a resident embassy in Manila while the Philippines has a resident embassy in Ottawa. Canada also maintains a consulate in Cebu City. The Philippines also maintains two consulate general in Toronto and Vancouver and honorary consulates in Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, St, John's, Halifax and Charlottetown. 
In 2012, Canadian exports to the Philippines were (CAD) $527.9 million, while exports to Canada from the Philippines were valued at $991.2 million. Canada buys many agricultural products from the Philippines.
Former Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien, together with a business delegate visited the Philippines in 1997. Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper also paid a state visit to the Philippines from November 9–11, 2012. Philippine President Benigno Aquino III paid a state visit to Canada from May 7–9, 2015.
Filipinos in Canada
As of 2012, there are about 800,000 people, originating from the Philippines, residing in Canada. Filipinos account for the majority of incoming immigrants to Canada. The Philippines has also become the largest source of temporary workers. Filipinos are the third largest minority in Canada, behind Indians and the Chinese.
Canadians in the Philippines
As of 2013, There are about 7,500 Canadians in the Philippines.
- "Canada-Philippines Relations". Canadainternational.gc.ca. 2013-10-29. Retrieved 2013-11-11.
- "Canada-Philippines relations.". 2014-07-13.
- "PH is rising Asian 'tiger' | Inquirer Business". Business.inquirer.net. 2012-11-11. Retrieved 2013-11-11.
- "President Aquino begins state visit to Canada". News5. May 8, 2015. Retrieved May 12, 2015.
- "Harper In The Philippines: PM Pressed To Address Canadian Labour Issues". Huffingtonpost.ca. Retrieved 2013-11-11.
- "Tagalog fastest growing immigrant language in Canada". Rappler.com. Retrieved 2013-11-11.
- Stay informed today and every day (2012-10-29). "Language in Canada: "O, Canada", now also in Tagalog, Mandarin and Hindi". The Economist. Retrieved 2013-11-11.
- "Canadian PM arrives in Manila Friday night for 3-day visit | Inquirer Global Nation". Globalnation.inquirer.net. 2012-11-09. Retrieved 2013-11-11.
- Patinio, Ferdinand G. (2013-10-08). "Canada hiring more Filipinos to fill out 14,000 job vacancies". InterAksyon.com. Retrieved 2013-11-11.