Canadiana is a class of books that includes Canadian literature, books about Canada as well as Canadian non-fiction works. The term is very general for it can include books which do not deal with Canada or Canadians but which were written by Canadians or people who were Canadians at one point in their life. It is a category often seen in bookstores and in research libraries. One of the specific mandates of the Library and Archives Canada is to collect, organize and make available Canadiana.
- Bibliography of Canada
- Culture of Canada
- Americana – a similar concept in the United States
- Australiana – a similar concept in Australia
- Kiwiana – a similar concept in New Zealand
- Rhodesiana – a similar concept in Rhodesia
- Canadiana.org: A non-profit, cultural NGO with the mandate to locate and preserve early printed Canadian materials. Much of this material is available in digitized format at Early Canadiana Online.
- Thisiscanadiana.com: A Canadiana blog and educational video series exploring lesser-known tales from Canadian history.
- Peel's Prairie Provinces: A full-text, searchable database of digitized prairie Canadiana, including newspapers and other Western Canadian publications
|This article about culture in Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|