Chinese development finance to Morocco
From 2000 to 2012, there are approximately 36 Chinese official development finance projects identified in Morocco through various media reports. These projects range from a $248 million MOU with the Export-Import Bank of China to build the Berchid-Beni Mellal highway in 2011, to a CNY 150 million preferential loan agreement in Rabat to build and equip eight private general hospitals in various regions in Morocco.
In November 2016, Morocco announced it is currently planning to develop a new economic hub in the north of the country, with the assistance of development organisations and Chinese multinationals, including the international aeronautics firm Haite Group, Morocco-China International and BMCE Bank of Africa. The project is projected to cost $US11 billion.
- "Morocco : China". China.org.cn. Retrieved 17 April 2018.
- Austin Strange, Bradley C. Parks, Michael J. Tierney, Andreas Fuchs, Axel Dreher, and Vijaya Ramachandran. 2013. China’s Development Finance to Africa: A Media-Based Approach to Data Collection. CGD Working Paper 323. Washington DC: Center for Global Development.http://china.aiddata.org[permanent dead link]
- Strange, Parks, Tierney, Fuchs, Dreher, and Ramachandran, China’s Development Finance to Africa: A Media-Based Approach to Data Collection.http://aiddatachina.org/projects/2065
- Strange, Parks, Tierney, Fuchs, Dreher, and Ramachandran, China’s Development Finance to Africa: A Media-Based Approach to Data Collection.http://aiddatachina.org/projects/1819
- "Morocco Plans to Partner With China to Construct a New Industrial City". Railwaysafrica.com. Retrieved 17 April 2018.