Delhi–Sonipat–Panipat Regional Rapid Transit System
|Transit type||Suburban rail|
|Number of lines||1 line|
|Number of stations||16|
|Headway||5 - 10 minutes|
|System length||103 km|
|No. of tracks||2|
|Track gauge||(1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in) broad gauge)|
|Electrification||25 kV, 50 Hz AC overhead catenary|
Delhi-Sonipat-Panipat Regional Rapid Transit System (Delhi–Panipat RRTS) is a proposed, 103 km (64 mi) long, semi-high speed rail corridor connecting Delhi, Sonipat and Panipat in the National Capital Region. It is one of the three rapid-rail corridors planned under Phase-1 of the Rapid Rail Transport System of the National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC). With maximum speed of 160 km/h and average speed of 120 km/h, commuters using the system will be able to cover the distance between Panipat and Delhi in 74 minutes. The project is expected to cost ₹ 16,500 crores.
The line will start from Hazrat Nizamuddin station which will allow interchange with Delhi-Alwar and Delhi-Meerut lines, as well as connectivity to the Nizamuddin railway station, Sarai Kale Khan ISBT and Hazrat Nizamuddin metro station. There will be total 16 stations on the corridor out of which two will be underground and the rest will be elevated
|No.||Station name||Inter-station distance (km)||Cumulative distance (km)||Connections||Layout||Status|
style="background: #dfdfff; color: black; vertical-align: middle; text-align: center; " class="table-planned" | Planned
|8||KMP Expressway Interchange||None||Elevated||Planned|
|9||Rajeev Gandhi Education City||None||Elevated||Planned|
- "NHAI approves Delhi RRTS projects worth Rs53,500 crore". Mint. 19 July 2017. Archived from the original on 20 September 2017. Retrieved 6 October 2017.
- Kumar, Ajay (20 July 2017). "NHAI to construct 2 rapid transit corridors from Delhi to decongest traffic". India Today. Archived from the original on 20 July 2017. Retrieved 9 October 2017.
- "Rapid rail projects connecting Delhi to Alwar and Panipat get approval". Hindustan Times. 19 July 2017. Archived from the original on 21 July 2017. Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- "NCRTC|Delhi-Panipat corridor". nrctc.in.
- Draft Detailed Project Report of Delhi-Panipat RRTS (PDF) (Report). Archived (PDF) from the original on 13 November 2016. Retrieved 6 October 2017.