LTE Advanced Pro
|Part of a series on the|
|Mobile phone generations|
LTE Advanced Pro (LTE-A Pro, also known as 4.5G, 4.5G Pro, 4.9G, Pre-5G, 5G Project) is a name for 3GPP release 13 and 14. It is the next-generation cellular standard following LTE Advanced (LTE-A) and supports data rates in excess of 3 Gbit/s using 32-carrier aggregation. It also introduces the concept of License Assisted Access, which allows sharing of licensed and unlicensed spectrum.
Additionally, it incorporates several new technologies associated with 5G, such as 256-QAM, Massive MIMO, LTE-Unlicensed and LTE IoT, that allow evolution of existing networks into supporting the 5G standard.
- 08:35, 7 Sep 2016 at; tweet_btn(), Wireless Watch. "Nokia's 4.9G races Ericsson's almost-5G, yet the finishing line is a mirage".
- "5G Project - モバイル - ソフトバンク".
- "War of the 'Gs' - Nokia promises 4.5G Pro and 4.9G". 5 September 2016.
- Flynn, Kevin. "LTE-Advanced Pro Ready to Go".
- "What is LTE-Advanced Pro?".
- "4.5G, Next Step Toward MBB 2020".
- "Leading the path towards 5G with LTE Advanced Pro - Qualcomm". 19 January 2016.
- "LTE Advanced Pro - Qualcomm". 6 January 2016.
- "LTE Advanced Pro enables Gigabit LTE on path to 5G". 11 October 2016.
|This mobile phone–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|