Keeffe training with Collingwood in 2014
|Full name||Lachlan Keeffe|
|Date of birth||14 April 1990|
|Place of birth||Gympie, Queensland, Australia|
|Draft||No. 69, 2009 rookie draft|
|Height||204 cm (6 ft 8 in)|
|Weight||99 kg (218 lb)|
|Current club||Greater Western Sydney|
|2009–2014; 2016–2017||Collingwood||40 (7)|
|2018–||Greater Western Sydney||7 (1)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of round 23, 2018.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Lachlan Keeffe (born 14 April 1990) is a professional Australian rules footballer playing for the Greater Western Sydney Giants in the Australian Football League (AFL). He previously played for the Collingwood Football Club from 2009 to 2017.
In 2008, Keeffe was signed by the Collingwood Football Club as an unregistered player and was later drafted with pick number 69 in the 2009 Rookie Draft. He has previously played for Old Trinity in the VAFA.
In 2011, Keeffe played in Collingwood's NAB Cup pre-season campaign, including the winning Pre Season Grand Final win against Essendon. Keeffe made his senior AFL debut against North Melbourne in round 16, 2011 at the MCG.
Keeffe played the first 9 games of the 2012 season, however, he required a knee reconstruction after round 9. Keeffe made his return to AFL ranks the next year in the round 17 loss to Gold Coast.
Keeffe, along with teammate Josh Thomas, tested positive to the banned substance clenbuterol in drug tests taken in February 2015. Both players accepted provisional suspensions in March 2015. On 10 August 2015, Thomas accepted his two-year ban from the tribunal and that day was delisted by Collingwood football club but was told he'd be re-drafted as a rookie for the 2017 season if still available in the draft. He was banned from AFL competition until 9 February 2017
- Statistics are correct to the end of the 2017 season
|Totals||Averages (per game)|
- "Keeffe named in Suns game". The Gympie Times. 23 July 2011.
- Davis, Greg (22 July 2011). "Gympie recruit Lachlan Keefe hits AFL big time with Collingwood". The Courier-Mail.
- King, Travis (10 August 2015). "Keeffe, Thomas accept two-year bans". collingwoodfc.com.au. BigPond.
- "Collingwood duo Lachlan Keeffe and Josh Thomas banned from AFL until 2017". ABC News. 4 November 2015. Retrieved 10 November 2015.
- "Josh Thomas working as an Uber driver, while serving provisional suspension". Herald Sun. 26 July 2015.
- "Keeffe and Thomas return as rookies". collingwoodfc.com.au. BigPond. 27 November 2015.
- Black, Sarah (10 October 2017). "Pies axe four in first wave of list changes". AFL.com.au. Bigpond. Retrieved 10 October 2017.
- McGowan, Marc (2 November 2017). "Giants give dumped Magpie an AFL lifeline". Australian Football League. Retrieved 2 November 2017.
- Fielding, Josie (18 October 2017). "Lions select Keeffe with Pick No. 48". Brisbane Lions. Telstra Media.
- "Lachlan Keeffe statistics". AFL Tables. Retrieved 9 September 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lachlan Keeffe.|