Matt de Boer
|Matt de Boer|
de Boer playing in 2015
|Full name||Matthew de Boer|
|Date of birth||10 March 1990|
|Original team(s)||Claremont, (WAFL)|
|Draft||No. 19 2009 rookie draft|
|Height / weight||186cm / 86kg|
|Current club||Greater Western Sydney|
|2017–||Greater Western Sydney||0 (0)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 2016.
After representing Western Australia at the 2008 AFL Under 18 Championships and being named in the under 18 All-Australian team, de Boer was drafted to Fremantle in the 2009 rookie draft with Fremantle's second selection, number 19 overall. After displaying good form during the 2009 pre-season, he was elevated to Fremantle's senior list as a nominated rookie, along with Greg Broughton.
de Boer made his AFL debut for Fremantle in round 6 of the 2009 AFL season at Subiaco Oval in the Western Derby against the West Coast Eagles, as a replacement for the injured Rhys Palmer. He was delisted at the conclusion of the 2016 season, however, he was drafted by Greater Western Sydney in the 2016 AFL draft.
- Statistics are correct to the end of the 2016 season
|Totals||Averages (per game)|
- Thirty of the best prospects prepare for this Saturday's AFL draft
- AFL Pre-season and Rookie Drafts; Realfooty
- Washbourne, Michael (16 March 2009); Fremantle promote Greg Broughton and Matt de Boer to senior list; PerthNow
- Fremantle will hand teenager Matt de Boer an AFL debut against West Coast; Fox Sports (Australia); 30 April 2009
- "Experienced midfielder Matt de Boer delisted after 138 games with Fremantle". Perth Now. News Corp Australia. 4 October 2016. Retrieved 4 October 2016.
- Matt de Boer's player profile at AFL Tables