List of U.S. state fossils
Most American states have made a state fossil designation, in many cases during the 1980s. It is common to designate one species in which fossilization has occurred, rather than a single specimen, or a category of fossils not limited to a single species.
Table of state fossils
- List of U.S. state dinosaurs
- List of U.S. state minerals, rocks, and gemstones
- Lists of U.S. state insignia
- "Official State of Alabama Fossil". Alabama Emblems, Symbols and Honors. Alabama Department of Archives & History. 2005-08-02. Retrieved 2007-03-19.
- "Georgia State Fossil". State Symbols, State Fossil. e-Reference Desk. 2014-03-30. Retrieved 2014-03-30.
- "List of State Fossils". State Symbols, State Fossil. Fossilera. Retrieved 2015-09-01.
- "Kentucky State Symbols". Kentucky Department of Libraries and Archives. 2007-03-30. Archived from the original on 28 January 2011. Retrieved 2007-07-02.
- "Louisiana State Fossil". State Symbols, State Fossil. e-Reference Desk. 2015-03-08. Retrieved 2015-03-08.
- "Maryland's Official State Fossil Shell". Maryland Geological Survey. Retrieved 16 February 2017.
- "Fossil, Fossilized Teeth of the Megalodon Shark | NCpedia". ncpedia.org. Retrieved 2016-03-17.
- "South Carolina Fossil". WLTX. Retrieved 2014-05-28.
- Utah State Fossil - Allosaurus from pioneer.utah.gov "Pioneer - Utah's Online Library" page. Retrieved on 2008-09-08
- Vermont has both a state terrestrial fossil and a state marine fossil.
- "Vermont State Terrestrial Fossil". E Reference Desk. Retrieved 17 March 2018.
- "Mammoth Tusk Discovered 1865". Brattleboro History. Retrieved 17 March 2018.
- http://leg.wa.gov/Symbols/ WA State Symbols
- http://www.herald-dispatch.com/homepage/x112312085 Manchins signs bills involving snakes, fossils, research into law
- "Wisconsin State Symbols". State of Wisconsin. Archived from the original on 12 January 2010. Retrieved 2011-12-19.
-  List of U.S. state fossils, from National Park Service.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fossils of the United States.|