List of U.S. state fossils
Most American states have made a state fossil designation, in many cases during the 1980s. It is common to designate one species in which fossilization has occurred, rather than a single specimen, or a category of fossils not limited to a single species.
Table of state fossils
- List of U.S. state dinosaurs
- List of U.S. state minerals, rocks, and gemstones
- Lists of U.S. state insignia
- "Official State of Alabama Fossil". Alabama Emblems, Symbols and Honors. Alabama Department of Archives & History. August 2, 2005. Retrieved March 19, 2007.
- "Georgia State Fossil". State Symbols, State Fossil. e-Reference Desk. March 30, 2014. Retrieved March 30, 2014.
- "List of State Fossils". State Symbols, State Fossil. Fossilera. Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- "Kentucky State Symbols". Kentucky Department of Libraries and Archives. March 30, 2007. Archived from the original on January 28, 2011. Retrieved July 2, 2007.
- "Louisiana State Fossil". State Symbols, State Fossil. e-Reference Desk. March 8, 2015. Retrieved March 8, 2015.
- "Maryland's Official State Fossil Shell". Maryland Geological Survey. Retrieved February 16, 2017.
- "Fossil, Fossilized Teeth of the Megalodon Shark | NCpedia". ncpedia.org. Retrieved March 17, 2016.
- "South Carolina Fossil". WLTX. Retrieved May 28, 2014.
- Utah State Fossil - Allosaurus from pioneer.utah.gov "Pioneer - Utah's Online Library" page. Retrieved on September 8, 2008
- Vermont has both a state terrestrial fossil and a state marine fossil.
- "Vermont State Terrestrial Fossil". E Reference Desk. Retrieved March 17, 2018.
- "Mammoth Tusk Discovered 1865". Brattleboro History. Retrieved March 17, 2018.
- http://leg.wa.gov/Symbols/ WA State Symbols
- http://www.herald-dispatch.com/homepage/x112312085 Manchins signs bills involving snakes, fossils, research into law
- "Wisconsin State Symbols". State of Wisconsin. Archived from the original on January 12, 2010. Retrieved December 19, 2011.
-  List of U.S. state fossils, from National Park Service.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fossils of the United States.|