List of X-Men films cast members
|This article does not cite any sources. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The following is a list of cast members who have portrayed characters appearing in the X-Men film series, based upon the comic books of the same name. Hugh Jackman appeared in the first seven films: he played James "Logan" Howlett / Wolverine in the original trilogy (X-Men, X2 - X-Men United, and X-Men: The Last Stand) and reprised his role in the prequel films X-Men Origins: Wolverine and X-Men: First Class, the latter in a cameo appearance. He again starred in The Wolverine and X-Men: Days of Future Past. He appeared in photographic form in Deadpool and reprised his role as Wolverine in X-Men: Apocalypse and one last stand-alone Wolverine film. Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Famke Janssen, Halle Berry, Anna Paquin, James Marsden and Shawn Ashmore have also appeared in the original trilogy and Days of Future Past, with Stewart also making a cameo appearance in Origins: Wolverine and The Wolverine, and Janssen and McKellen in The Wolverine. Rebecca Romijn also appeared in the original trilogy and made a cameo appearance in First Class.
The films also feature numerous cameo appearances from characters from the comic books. In some cases, a cameo role in one film was expanded in the next, occasionally necessitating a recast. The character of Kitty Pryde, for example, was played by a different actress in each of the first three films, as she only had a cameo in her first two films before becoming a X-Man in her third and fourth film appearances, where she is played by Ellen Page.
The list is sorted by film and character, because of multiple actors portraying the same role, some in flashbacks to when they were a child. The characters are divided by their primary allegiance, and listed in order when they first appeared in the series.
- (Y) indicates the actor portrayed the role in a flashback scene when the character was younger.
- (F) indicates the actor or actress did not appear in any new footage for the film; footage from an earlier film was used.
- (O) indicates the actor portrayed an older version of the character.
- Italics indicate a Cameo appearance.
- A dark grey cell indicates the character was not in the film or the character presence in the film have yet to be announced
- 1 Cast
- 2 Notes
- 3 References
- A Richard Yee plays Little Phat.
- B Keely Purvis plays a mental projection of Jason.
- C The character is dead during the film, but is impersonated by Mystique (Gyrich in X-Men and Kelly in X2).