List of diplomatic missions in Israel
Diplomatic missions in Israel are foreign embassies and consulates in Israel. There are currently 88 embassies in Israel, of which 86 embassies are located in Tel Aviv and the Gush Dan Metropolitan Area and 2 embassies are located in Jerusalem. In addition to an embassy, some countries also maintain a consulate in other cities, including Eilat, Haifa or Jerusalem. In diplomatic practice, consulates are not considered to be diplomatic missions, requiring, for example, accreditation to the president.
On 6 December 2017 the President of the United States, Donald Trump announced that the US embassy to Israel would be moved to Jerusalem. The move was made on 14 May 2018. On 11 April 2018, Guatemala announced that their embassy would move to Jerusalem on 16 May 2018. Brazil has reflected on moving the Embassy to Jerusalem, as well, along with Honduras, Hungary, Moldova, and Romania. Paraguay's embassy was briefly located in Jerusalem in 2018, but was returned to Tel Aviv after a few months.
As of January 2019, two countries operate embassies to Israel in Jerusalem though with a handful vowing to make the move, 12 countries operate Honorary Consulates accredited to Israel in Jerusalem, and 9 countries operate consulates in Jerusalem accredited for the West Bank and Gaza Strip which are not regarded as diplomatic missions to Israel but are located within Jerusalem municipal boundary. A few other countries have opened official Trade and Defense offices and branches of their embassies, as well, such as Hungary and Australia. Others have vowed to make the move.
Embassies to open
Other Missions in Jerusalem
These are the list of countries that operate consulates within the Jerusalem municipal boundary but are accredited for the city of Jerusalem, West Bank and Gaza Strip only. These missions are not directly accredited to the Palestinian Authority and also not to Israel. Between 1844 and 2019, the United States maintained a consulate-general in Jerusalem that conducted relations with the Palestinians. In March 2019, the Consulate General was merged into the new US Embassy in Jerusalem and many of its responsibilities were assumed by the Embassy's new Palestinian Affairs Unit. Countries listed below already maintain separate embassies to Israel. For diplomatic missions accredited to the Palestinian Authority directly located inside the Palestinian territories of West Bank and Gaza Strip, see: List of diplomatic missions in Palestine.
Economic and Representative Offices
- United Nations (UNHCR Representative) – Tel Aviv
- European Union (Delegation) – Tel Aviv
- Republic of China (Taiwan) (Taipei Economic and Cultural Office) – Tel Aviv
- ICRC (Delegation) – Tel Aviv and Jerusalem
- Foreign relations of Israel
- List of Consulates-General in Jerusalem
- List of diplomatic missions of Israel
- Israeli passport
- Visa policy of Israel
- Visa requirements for Israeli citizens
- Trump recognizes Jerusalem as Israel's capital, CNN, 6 December 2017
- "Gaza clashes: Dozens killed as US opens Jerusalem embassy". Retrieved 2018-05-14.
- "Guatemala to move its embassy to Jerusalem on May 16". Retrieved 2018-04-11.
- Reuters (31 December 2018). "Brazil moving its embassy to Jerusalem a matter of 'when, not if' – Netanyahu" – via www.theguardian.com.
- "Romania announces plans to move embassy to Jerusalem". Israel National News.
- "Paraguay to move embassy in Israel back to Tel Aviv". Retrieved 2018-09-05.
- "U.S. Embassy Jerusalem | U.S. Embassy in Israel". U.S. Embassy in Israel. Retrieved 2018-10-21.
- Palladino, Robert. "Merger of U.S. Embassy Jerusalem and U.S. Consulate General Jerusalem". U.S. Embassy in Israel. Retrieved 4 March 2019.
- "Consulate General of Belgium in Jerusalem". Retrieved 2018-11-01.
- "Consulat Général de France à Jérusalem". Retrieved 2018-11-01.
- "Ισραήλ - Στοιχεία επικοινωνίας Αρχών της Ελλάδος". Retrieved 2018-11-01.: "Consulate General in Jerusalem" listed under JERUSALEM under ISRAEL.
- "Consolato Generale d'Italia - Gerusalemme". esteri.it. Retrieved 2018-11-01.: "Consulate General of Italy (West Jerusalem) ... Consulate General of Italy (East Jerusalem)"
- "Consulado General de España en JERUSALÉN -Localización y contacto". Retrieved 2018-11-01.
- "GENERALKONSULAT JERUSALEM". swedenabroad.com. Retrieved 2018-11-01.
- "Consulate General of Turkey in Jerusalem". mfa.gov.tr. Retrieved 2018-11-01.
- UK Foreign & Commonwealth office. "British Consulate-General - Jerusalem". fco.gov.uk. Retrieved 2018-11-01.
- "Contact". International Committee of the Red Cross.
- "Embassies - New Zealand representatives Overseas - New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade".