|• Mayor||Yılmaz Şalan (HDP)|
|• Kaymakam||Erkan Savar|
|• District||1,049.17 km2 (405.09 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,700 m (5,600 ft)|
|• District density||49/km2 (130/sq mi)|
Mehmet Ali Tunç was elected mayor in the local elections 2014. He was detained and a trustee was appointed instead in January 2017. In the local elections in March 2019, Yılmaz Şalan from the Peoples' Democratic Party (HDP) was elected mayor in the local elections. On the 6 November 2019, Şalan was arrested due to charges relating to terrorism. The current Kaymakam is Erkan Savar.
In the early 2000s, there was reported a lack of teachers. Teachers were teaching more than 50 children per average.
In 1976 an earthquake occurred in Muradiye, Van and caused the death of about 3640 people and leaving 51'000 people homeless.
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- "Festnahme von mehreren Aktivisten in Bêgirî". ANF News (in German). Retrieved 2019-12-17.
- Şafak, Yeni (2019-07-12). "Van Muradiye Seçim Sonuçları – Muradiye Yerel Seçim Sonuçları". Yeni Şafak (in Turkish). Retrieved 2019-12-07.
- "Trustee Appointed to Muradiye Municipality". Bianet. Retrieved 7 December 2019.
- "Van Muradiye Seçim Sonuçları - 31 Mart 2019 Yerel Seçimleri". www.sabah.com.tr. Retrieved 2019-12-07.
- "Co-mayors of Muradiye, Özalp and Başkale arrested". ANF News. Retrieved 2019-12-07.
- "Muradiye Kaymakamlığı". www.muradiye.gov.tr. Retrieved 2019-12-07.
- Celiker, Anna Grabolle (2013-02-28). Kurdish Life in Contemporary Turkey: Migration, Gender and Ethnic Identity. I.B.Tauris. ISBN 978-1-78076-092-6.
- Güney, D. "Van earthquakes (23 October 2011 and 9 November 2011) and performance of masonry and adobe structures" (PDF). Natural Hazards and Earth System Sciences. Retrieved 1 March 2020.
- Celiker, Anna Grabolle (2013-02-28). Kurdish Life in Contemporary Turkey: Migration, Gender and Ethnic Identity. I.B.Tauris. pp. 65–66. ISBN 978-1-78076-092-6.
|This article about an Eastern Anatolia Region of Turkey location is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|