Konya Province

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Konya Province
Konya ili
Province of Turkey
Location of Konya Province in Turkey
Location of Konya Province in Turkey
Country Turkey
Region West Anatolia
Subregion Konya
 • Electoral district Konya
 • Total 38,257 km2 (14,771 sq mi)
Population (2010-12-31)[1]
 • Total 2,013,845
 • Density 53/km2 (140/sq mi)
Area code(s) 0332
Vehicle registration 42

Konya Province (Turkish: Konya ili) is a province of Turkey in central Anatolia. The provincial capital is the city of Konya. By area it is the largest province of Turkey. Its provincial capital is the city of Konya , the traffic code is 42.


In 2011 the Konya Metropolitan Municipality had a population close to 1.1 million, out of the 2.1 million in the Konya Province (76.2% of the population in Konya Province lives in the city, while the remaining 23.79% lives in the villages, sub-districts and districts.) Konya Province has 31 districts, three of which are central districts: Karatay, Meram and Selçuklu.


The Konya province is divided into thirty-one districts three of which are actually included in the municipality of Konya city (shown in boldface letters).

See also[edit]



  1. ^ Turkish Statistical Institute, MS Excel document – Population of province/district centers and towns/villages and population growth rate by provinces

External links[edit]

Coordinates: 38°00′48″N 32°41′56″E / 38.01333°N 32.69889°E / 38.01333; 32.69889