National United University
||This article needs attention from an expert on the subject. (November 2011)|
Motto in English
|Honesty, Respect, Diligence and Creativity|
|Location||Miaoli City, Miaoli County, Taiwan, Republic of China|
|National United University|
Completed under the management of Zhang Guang-Shi, Xu Li-De and the college president, Chen Wei-Zhong, the school (then a two-year private junior college) started its first semester in September 1972. This college was the only higher education institution in the Miao-Li region at the time.
Initially for industry-related technologies, business and commerce courses were added into the curriculum. In 1992 the college was renamed United College of Technology and Commerce. On July 1, 1995, the Board of Directors of the initial private college donated the school to the Ministry of Education, and the college officially became a public institution named the National United College of Technology and Commerce. In 1999, the College was reorganized into an institute of technology. On August 1, 2003, the institute was official upgraded to university status.
There are five academic programs at National United University:
- College of Engineering Science
- College of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- College of Management
- College of Humanities and Social Science
- College of Hakka Studies
- Department of Applied Foreign Languages
- "Goals & Prospects". NUU. Retrieved 2014-09-03.
- National United University English website (English)
- National United University Chinese website (Chinese (Taiwan))
|This article relating to education is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|