Neponset Township, Bureau County, Illinois
Location in Bureau County
Bureau County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||36.15 sq mi (93.6 km2)|
|• Land||36.14 sq mi (93.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.03 km2) 0.03%|
|Elevation||784 ft (239 m)|
|• Density||20.5/sq mi (7.9/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61314, 61345|
|GNIS feature ID||0429426|
Neponset Township is one of twenty-five townships in Bureau County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 742 and it contained 339 housing units. Neponset Township changed its name from Brawby Township on March 5, 1866.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.15 square miles (93.6 km2), of which 36.14 square miles (93.6 km2) (or 99.97%) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.026 km2) (or 0.03%) is water.
The southern and eastern parts of the township form part of the Illinois River watershed, the headwaters of Spoon River arising in the northeast portion of the township. The northwest portion of Neponset township is drained by Mud Creek which flows into Green River, itself a tributary of the Rock River.
The township contains these two cemeteries: Floral Hill and Neponset.
- Bureau Valley Community Unit School District 340
- Neponset Community Consolidated District 307
- Wethersfield Community Unit School District 230
- Illinois' 11th congressional district
- State House District 74
- State Senate District 37
- "Neponset Township, Bureau County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-04.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Annawan Township, Henry County||Mineral Township||Concord Township|
|Kewanee Township, Henry County||Macon Township|
|Elmira Township, Stark County||Osceola Township, Stark County|