New Creation Church
|New Creation Church|
|Senior pastor(s)||Joseph Prince|
New Creation Church is a megachurch in Singapore founded in 1984. The church currently has an average Sunday attendance of 33,000. It holds services at The Star Performing Arts Centre. It is a non-denominational Christian church, and a member of the National Council of Churches of Singapore. It is not affiliated to any church overseas. The senior pastor of the church is Joseph Prince.
The church was founded by a small group including Joseph Prince, Henry Yeo, David Yeow and Jack Ho in 1983. It was later officially registered with the Registrar of Societies in October 1984. It began its Sunday service with an average attendance of 25 people. Gradually, it grew to about 150 members in 1990 when Prince was appointed as the senior pastor of the church.
During the period between 1984 and 1999, the church used different worship venues such as a hall within the premises of the Young Women's Christian Association of Singapore and the ballrooms in local hotels to accommodate its growing congregation.
Ten per cent of the church's annual budget which was about US$4 million (as of Year 2007) was set aside for missionary work. Currently, the church is still committed to helping missionaries. In addition, the church also makes donations to local charities annually. Specifically, the church has given SGD581,500 to community groups and charities during the period between April 2007 and March 2008.
Media and publications
Prince's English-language broadcast program called Destined to Reign reaches out to more than 200 countries on cable television and satellite networks. In addition, Prince's television ministry uses media technology like YouTube and podcasts to allow viewers to watch the broadcast program online and on the move. The church started a television broadcast ministry in 2014 that reaches out to those in Asia and Europe. The programme New Creation Church TV carries Prince's messages and praise and worship segments.
The church's Communications ministry which is supported by church volunteers (reporters, photographers and designers) currently publishes its own magazine named Solid Rock. 
The church holds Chinese, youth and children's services aside from its usual English Services.
The official affiliates are specifically mentioned on the church's website. These affiliates are:
- Rock Productions
- Rock Productions, which is a business arm of New Creation Church, was founded in 1998 at Suntec City Mall. Rock Productions runs The Star Performing Arts Centre at one-north, in Buona Vista. The shares of Rock Productions are held in trust for the church by four of its registered shareholders. All shareholders and directors are not paid any salary, bonus, fee or dividend. Rock Productions also manages other business entities.
- Rock Gifts & Book Centre
- Rock Gifts & Book Centre, which is managed by Rock Productions, is a Christian bookshop. It was set up at Suntec City Mall in 1999 to sell Christian books, music, sermon resources and gifts. In September 2012, its new store opened at The Star Vista at one-north, in Buona Vista.
- Daystar Child Development Centre
- Daystar Child Development Centre (also known as Daystar) is listed as a Voluntary Welfare Organisation (VWO) under the church. It has two branches - which were established at Holland in 1994 and at Jurong West in 2004. This centre is run by management committees under the church.
- Omega Tours
- Omega Tours (also known as Omega Tours & Travel Pte Ltd), which was set up as a travel agency in 2004, is managed by Rock Productions. Omega Tours organises Bible-based tours for New Creation Church members and other interested participants to Israel and other Bible lands.
Officially opened on 1 November 2012, The Star PAC spans levels 3 to 11, known as the civic and cultural zone, of the building called The Star. It is owned and managed by Rock Productions, the business arm of the church. The Star PAC comprises a 5,000-seat theatre, a multi-purpose hall, an outdoor amphitheatre, special function rooms and other facilities. The church rents The Star PAC for Sunday services.
The levels from Basement 4 to Level 2 of The Star, known as the retail and entertainment zone (including the car park lots), is called The Star Vista, and is owned and managed by CapitaMalls Asia.
- "About New Creation Church". New Creation Church. Retrieved 2017-01-04.
- "History - New Creation Church". New Creation Church. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- "NCC History". New Creation Church. Retrieved 2013-04-02.
- "Ministries - Global Outreach - Missions". New Creation Church. Retrieved 2010-09-17.
- Thomas, George! (January 1, 2008). "Singapore takes on a world mission". CBN news. Retrieved 2009-05-19.
- "News Articles". New Creation Church. Retrieved 2010-09-17.
- "Church raises $178m for lifestyle hub" (PDF). The Straits Times. 2008-09-20. Retrieved 2010-07-09.[dead link][needs update] Archived from [dead link][needs update] & https://web.archive.org/web/20090414194536/http://www.straitstimes.com:80/Breaking%2BNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_280828.html. Archived from the original on April 14, 2009. Retrieved July 9, 2010. Missing or empty
- "Joseph Prince Ministries - Broadcast - Full Listing". Joseph Prince Ministries. Retrieved 2010-07-09.
- "Joseph Prince Ministries - About - The Ministry". Joseph Prince Ministries. Retrieved 2010-08-12.
- "Launch of New Creation Church TV". New Creation Church. Retrieved 5 March 2014.
- "Publication - New Creation Church". New Creation Church. Retrieved 20111-09-17. Check date values in:
- "Our Affiliates - New Creation Church". New Creation Church. Retrieved 2011-09-21.
- "Rock Gifts & Books Centre". Rock Productions Pte Ltd. Retrieved 2011-09-21.
- "About Us - Omega Tours". Omega Tours. Retrieved 2011-09-21.
- "The Star Performing Arts Centre - Introduction". Asia One. September 17, 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- "Church collects $19m in one day for lifestyle hub". The Straits Times. May 19, 2009. Retrieved 2009-05-19.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
- "New Creation Church collected S$21 million in fewer than 24 hours". Asia One. August 30, 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-31.
- "The Star Vista customer service". Retrieved 5 March 2014.
- "The Star Visa store locator". Retrieved 5 March 2014.
- "The Star Visa about". Retrieved 5 March 2014.