People's University of Bangladesh
|Motto||To enhance the opportunities for higher education|
|Chancellor||President Advocate Abdul Hamid|
|Vice-Chancellor||Md. Abdul Mannan Chowdhury (Acting)|
The People's University of Bangladesh or PUB is a non-profit educational institution located at Dhaka, Bangladesh. It was established on 14 May 1996 as a private university under the Private University Act 1992 with a view to expanding the scope of higher education in Bangladesh. The university has two own campuses, one at Mohammadpur and the other one located at Sristighar, Shibpur, Narsingdi. Mr.Shirazul Islam Mollah is the chairman of PUB. The University Grants Commission (UGC) of Bangladesh has approved its syllabi and curricula.
The PUB offers courses in different disciplines in school of Arts, Applied Science and Business Administration.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Sociology & Social Work (BSS)
- Master Of Business Administration(MBA)
- Tourism and Hospitality Management (THM)
- Diploma in Computer Application in Business
- School of Applied Science
- B.Sc. in Computer Science and Engineering
- B.Sc. in Textile Engineering
- M.Sc. in Computer Science and Engineering
- B.Sc. in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- B.Sc. (Hons.) in Physiotherapy(BSPT)
- Diploma in Physiotherapy (DPT)
- School of Arts
- B.A.(Honors) in English
- M.A.(Final) in English
- B.A. (Honors) in Islamic Studies & Culture
- M.A. (preliminary) in Islamic Studies & Culture
- M.A. (Final) in Islamic Studies & Culture
- First convocation was held on 29 October 2007 at Bangladesh China Friendship Conference Centre.
- Second convocation was held on 9 February 2010 at Bangabandhu International Conference Centre in Dhaka..