Peregian Springs, Queensland
Sunshine Coast, Queensland
Aerial view of Peregian Springs
|Population||3,949 (2011 census)|
|LGA(s)||Sunshine Coast Region|
Peregian Springs is a suburb on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia, and lies within the Sunshine Coast Regional Council local government area. The suburb is home to a large-scale housing estate of the same name which is being developed by FKP Property Group. At the 2011 Australian Census the suburb recorded a population of 3,949.
"Peregian" is an Aboriginal word for emu.
- Average solar irradiation: 4.90 kWh/m²/day
- Average wind speed: 3.88 m/s
- Average air temperature: 19.38 °C
- Average earth temperature: 20.18 °C
- Average humidity: 66.63
- Average air pressure: 99.11 kPa
Wildlife Conservation Area
There are 50 hectares of conservation areas to ensure habitat and breeding grounds for native fauna. A recovery plan for the Emu Mountain Sheoak and a dedicated nature corridor form part of the conservation effort.
The Ridges Peregian Springs residential development utilises a stormwater management system that includes the building of swales which are designed to provide treatment of run-off, moving water away from residential areas and using vegetation as a filter to reduce pollutants and improve water quality.
Peregian Springs was known as Peregian before a major development started in 2008. Before the development begin Peregian consisted of a south-west settlement and a 3 street housing to the East-South region. The land was filled with various species of flora and fauna.
Peregian Springs Shopping Centre
The 5000 m² centre has rainwater tanks to collect rain run-off for irrigation and cleaning, and solar shading to reduce the need for air conditioning. It includes a Coles supermarket, 15 specialty stores and 300 parking spaces.
Peregian Springs Residential Estate
Sports and recreation
Integrated cycling and walk paths connect slow-speed street paths, forming a large network throughout the suburb.
Peregian Springs Golf Club
The privately owned, 18-hole, 72-par Peregian Spring Golf Course is for members and guests only. The following charity events are housed annually:
- Advanced Sports Incorporated - Sports Star of the Year awards on the Sunshine Coast.
- Energex Rescue Helicopter Service - An annual golf day to raise money for the rescue service.
- St Andrew School Peregian Springs - Events to raise money for the local school.
- Coolum Surf Life Saving Club - Funds-raising event to support the SLSC and nippers club.
- Peregian Beach SLSC - Raises money to support the local Surf Life Saving Club.
- Variety Club - Raises money to fund local Sunshine Coast charities and providing need to special schools.
- Peregian Springs Pro-Am – "Metropolitan Tournament of the Year - 2007" - $50,000 prize money donated by FKP Limited.
- The FKP Peregian Springs Series - In its seventh year, the series is the richest golf pro-am series in Australia and is attended by golf professionals from all over Australia and New Zealand.
- Noosa Jazz Festival - Held late August til early September the event is spread across the Sunshine Coast region, with pivotal performances held in Peregian Springs.