Sunshine Coast, Queensland
|Population||3,885 (2016 census)|
|• Density||1,770/km2 ( 4,570/sq mi)|
|Area||2.2 km2 (0.8 sq mi)|
|LGA(s)||Sunshine Coast Region|
Buddina includes the business district of the Kawana Waters urban centre.
The eastern half of Buddina fronts the Coral Sea with a long stretch of beaches, whilst the western half of the suburb is a canal neighbourhood.
In 1977 a fatal shark attack was reported on Buddina Beach.
The Kawana Library opened in 1988 with a major refurbishment in 2016.
In the 2016 Census, there were 3,885 people in Buddina. 77.7% of people were born in Australia. The next most common countries of birth were New Zealand 5.1% and England 3.9%. 90.0% of people spoke only English at home. The most common responses for religion were No Religion 37.1%, Catholic 19.3% and Anglican 15.9%.
A notable feature of Buddina is the Kawana Shoppingworld shopping centre, which is one of the largest shopping centres on the Sunshine Coast and features over 100 stores including Big W, Woolworths, Coles and Aldi.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Buddina (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 18 April 2018. Material was copied from this source, which is available under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- "Buddina - suburb (entry 48545)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 25 June 2017.
- The Age 1/9/1977
- "Public Libraries Statistical Bulletin 2016-17" (PDF). Public Libraries Connect. State Library of Queensland. November 2017. p. 16. Archived (PDF) from the original on 30 January 2018. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Beerwah Library". Sunshine Coast Regional Council. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Buddina State School". Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- "Queensland schools opening dates". Retrieved 1 February 2018.
|This article about the geography of the Sunshine Coast, Queensland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|