Sunshine Coast, Queensland
|Population||1,933 (2016 census)|
|• Density||773/km2 ( 2,000/sq mi)|
|Area||2.5 km2 (1.0 sq mi)|
|LGA(s)||Sunshine Coast Region|
Birtinya is a suburb of the Sunshine Coast Region, Queensland, Australia. It is located within the Kawana Waters urban centre. It contains the locality of Kawana Forest. In the 2011 census, Birtinya had a population of 314 people.
Birtinya is built around Lake Kawana, which includes a 2 kilometres (1.2 mi) buoyed course for flat water competitions.
Sunshine Coast University Hospital (SCUH) is located in Birtinya; it is a tertiary, teaching hospital servicing all parts of the Sunshine Coast and Gympie Region. SCUH saw its first patients on 21 March 2017 and was officially opened on 19 April 2017 by the Queensland Premier and Minister for Health and Minister for Ambulance Services. SCUH opened with about 450 beds, with plans to grow to 738 beds by 2021. Services and capacity at SCUH will continue to develop over the coming years.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Birtinya (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 15 April 2018.
- "Birtinya (entry 47163)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 22 April 2014.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Birtinya (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 4 January 2015.
- "Lake Kawana". Sunshine Coast Regional Council. Retrieved 21 April 2014.
- "About the venue". Lake Kawana Community Centre. Sunshine Coast Regional Council. Retrieved 21 April 2014.
- "Lake Kawana community centre opening". My Sunshine Coast Life. Retrieved 21 April 2014.
|This article about the geography of the Sunshine Coast, Queensland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|