Sunshine Coast, Queensland
|Population||1,585 (2016 census)|
|• Density||121.9/km2 (315.8/sq mi)|
|Area||13.0 km2 (5.0 sq mi)|
|Time zone||AEST (UTC+10:00)|
|Location||103 km (64 mi) from Brisbane|
|LGA(s)||Sunshine Coast Region|
Rosemount is located immediately east of Nambour, bordered on its north, east and south by the Petrie and Paynter Creeks. It extends from west of the Bruce Highway to Bli Bli, about 6 km (3.7 mi) east.
Upper Rosemount Road roughly follows the ridge of the Rosemount Spur, which is a watershed for both the creeks. 'Rosemount' was an early cane farm on Petrie Creek. Rosemount covers an area of about 1,160 hectares (2,900 acres). Rosemount varies in elevation up to 130 m (430 ft) above sea level.
As Rosemount is positioned between the major urban centres of Nambour and Maroochydore it has attracted some highly priced rural and residential developments. Most, however, are in a more modest range.
In the 1880s farm selections were taken up, almost all for cane-growing.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Rosemount (SSC)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- "Rosemount – locality in Sunshine Coast Region (entry 48861)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 5 November 2019.
- Google (13 August 2019). "Rosemount, Queensland" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 13 August 2019.
- Queensland Family History Society (2010), Queensland schools past and present (Version 1.01 ed.), Queensland Family History Society, ISBN 978-1-921171-26-0
- "Agency ID 8830, Rosermount State School". Queensland State Archives. Retrieved 9 November 2019.
- "Rosemount". Queensland Places. Centre for the Government of Queensland, University of Queensland.