Saint Vincent Academy
|Saint Vincent Academy|
|228 West Market Street
Newark, NJ, (Essex County) 07103
|Motto||Classmate by Chance, Sister by Choice|
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic Church|
|Founder||Sisters of Charity|
|Administrative Director||Sister June Favata|
|Faculty||25.5 (on FTE basis)|
|Enrollment||307 (as of 2013-14)|
|Student to teacher ratio||12.0:1|
|Color(s)||Blue and Gold|
|Athletics conference||North Jersey Catholic Girls League; Super Essex Conference (2009)|
|Team name||Lady Panthers|
|Accreditation||Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools|
|Publication||Expressions (literary magazine)|
|Athletic Director||Carol Alm|
Saint Vincent Academy (SVA), is a four-year, Catholic, college preparatory school for women located on West Market Street in Newark, New Jersey, United States. It operates under the supervision of the Sisters of Charity of Saint Elizabeth. The school has been accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Secondary School since 1990.
The academy was founded in 1869 by the Sisters of Charity of Saint Elizabeth, and named for St. Vincent de Paul. Saint Vincent Academy currently holds the distinction of being the only private high school for women in the city of Newark in New Jersey. The current administrative team consists of Sister June Favata, S.C., Sr. Margaret Killough, S.C., and Ms. Mary F. Nolan. This school has one of the highest graduation rates of any school in Newark and Essex County. Down the street from Saint Vincent Academy is Science Park High School, Essex County College, History High, Saint Benedict's Preparatory School and next to that school is Arts High.
Saint Vincent Academy competes in the Super Essex Conference, following a reorganization of sports leagues in Northern New Jersey by the New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association (NJSIAA).
- Saint Vincent Academy, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed April 14, 2016.
- Saint Vincent Academy, Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Secondary Schools. Accessed March 18, 2012.
- Cost of an SVA Education, Saint Vincent Academy. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- Essex County High Schools, Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Newark. Accessed June 4, 2011.
- SVA. "Saint Vincent Academy-About Us". Saint Vincent Academy website. Archived from the original on 2007-03-04. Retrieved 2007-05-11.
- League Memberships – 2015-2016, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association. Accessed April 14, 2016.