Tobu Kameido Line
|Tobu Kameido Line|
A Kameido Line two-car 8000 series set in December 2011
|Opened||5 April 1904|
|Rolling stock||Tobu 8000 series|
|Line length||3.4 km (2.1 mi)|
|Track gauge||1,067 mm (3 ft 6 in)|
|Minimum radius||160 m|
|Electrification||1,500 V DC, overhead catenary|
|Operating speed||65 km/h (40 mph)|
The Tobu Kameido Line (東武亀戸線? Tōbu Kameido-sen) is a railway line operated by Japanese private railway company Tobu Railway in Tokyo. The line is in central Tokyo, a short 3.4 km branch off the Tobu Skytree Line at Hikifune, southbound to Kameido with connections to the JR East Chūō-Sōbu Line.
All trains are two-car 8000 series formations operating as all-stations "Local" services, with no through trains to the Tobu Skytree Line.
|TS-04||Hikifune||曳舟||0.0||Tobu Skytree Line||Sumida, Tokyo|
|TS-43||Kameido Suijin||亀戸水神||2.7||Kōtō, Tokyo|
From 23 March 2016, two-car set 8577, used on the Tobu Kameido Line and Tobu Daishi Line, received the "international orange" and "medium yellow" livery carried by 7300 and 7800 series trains between 1958 and 1964.
From 16 February 2017, two-car set 8568, used on the Tobu Kameido Line and Tobu Daishi Line, received the green and "jasmine white" livery carried experimentally by one 7860 series train in the 1950s.
The line opened on 5 April 1904.
From 17 March 2012, station numbering was introduced on all Tobu lines. Tobu Kameido Line stations were numbered prefixed with the letters "TS".
- Terada, Hirokazu (19 January 2013). データブック日本の私鉄 [Databook: Japan's Private Railways] (in Japanese). Japan: Neko Publishing. p. 63, 220. ISBN 978-4-7770-1336-4.
- 私鉄車両編成表 2016 [Private Railway Rolling Stock Formations - 2016] (in Japanese). Japan: Kotsu Shimbunsha. 25 July 2016. p. 42. ISBN 978-4-330-70116-5.
- ３月２３日（水）より亀戸線で昭和３０年代の「標準色」リバイバルカラー車両を運行します！ [Train to run in 1950s standard livery on Kameido Line from 23 March] (pdf). News release (in Japanese). Japan: Tobu Railway. 9 March 2016. Retrieved 11 March 2016.
- 東武8000系8568編成が試験塗装リバイバルカラーに [Tobu 8000 series set 8568 repainted in revival experimental livery]. Japan Railfan Magazine Online (in Japanese). Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd. 17 February 2017. Archived from the original on 17 February 2017. Retrieved 17 February 2017.
- 「東武スカイツリーライン」誕生！ あわせて駅ナンバリングを導入し、よりわかりやすくご案内します [Tojo Sky Tree Line created! Station numbering to be introduced at same time] (pdf). Tobu News (in Japanese). Tobu Railway. 9 February 2012. Retrieved 20 April 2016.
- Tobu Railway Kameido Line information page (Japanese)