University of Health and Allied Sciences
|Motto||Health for Development|
|Chairman||Justice Victor Mawulom Jones Dotse|
|Vice-Chancellor||Professor John Owusu Gyapong|
|Location||Ho, Volta Region, Ghana|
|Campus||Ho and Hohoe|
The University of Health and Allied Sciences (UHAS) is one of the youngest public universities in Ghana. It is located at Ho in the Volta Region of Ghana. Its operation started in September 2012, when the first batch of 154 students were admitted.
The university was established by an Act of Parliament(Act 828), which received the presidential approval in December 2011. It, however, started admitting students in 2012. The university is devoted to teaching, research and service in the Health Sciences.
The university was formed with an Interim University Council that governs the affairs of the school chaired by Prof. Kofi Anyidoho, MA(Bloomington), PhD(Austin). In August, 2017, a new council was inaugurated with Justice Victor Mawulom Jones Dotse as the Chairman. Other members of the council comprise Professor John Owusu Gyapong (Vice-Chancellor, UHAS) ; Professor Victor Patrick Yao Gadzekpo (Member),Dr. Sylvia Ayeley Deganus (Member), Dr. Nana Owusu-Afari (Member),Mr. Richard K. Adjei (Member), Dr. Mark Amexo (Member), Dr. Emmanuel Newman( NCTE), Mr. Courage Meteku ( Representative of CHASS), Professor Harry Kwami Tagbor (Representative of Convocation-professorial), Ms. Yaa Amankwaa Opuni (Representative of Convocation-professorial), Mr. Kwesi Aseredum Hagan (Representative of FUSSAG), Mr. Joshua Gadasu, (Representative of TEWU), Dr. Francis Zotor (Representative of UTAG), Mr. Afrane Pious (Representative of SRC)
The university has two campuses:
- Ho campus - main and central administrative campus.
- Hohoe campus where the School of Public Health is located
Schools and institutes
The university has eight schools and three institutes.
- School of Basic and Biomedical Sciences
- School of Allied Health Sciences
- School of Nursing and Midwifery
- School of Public Health
- School of Dentistry
- School of Pharmacy
- School of Medicine
- Graduate School of Sports and Exercise Medicine
- Institute of Traditional and Alternative Medicine
- Institute of Medical Education
- Institute of Health Research
- "Ho university admits first batch of students". myjoyonline.com. Retrieved 28 August 2013.
- "UHAS 2nd Council Inaugurated". University of Health and Allied Sciences. uhas.edu.gh. 23 July 2017. Retrieved 3 September 2017.
- "SCHOOLS AND INSTITUTES OF THE UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH AND ALLIED SCIENCES". uhas.edu.gh. Retrieved 28 August 2013.
|This article on a Ghanaian institution of tertiary education is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|