User talk:Sanket Edits Wiki
- 1 Welcome
- 2 Backward Compatibility
- 3 A barnstar for you!
- 4 Edit Warring
- 5 Rollback granted
- 6 Tredinnick
- 7 Pending changes
- 8 Qatar Airways
- 9 Disambiguation link notification for July 5
- 10 War in Donbass
- 11 War edit
- 12 treyminer
- 13 Edit war, your comment on article talk page would be helpful
- 14 PROD tags are not AfD tags
- 15 Help with MDC Partners
- 16 Invitation from Wikipedia Asian Month 2016
- 17 Welcome to Wikipedia Asian Month!
- 18 ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
- 19 seattle sonics
- 20 Wikipedia mirrors
- 21 Editing Graphic Era University Page
- 22 New Page Reviewer granted
- 23 New Page Review - Newsletter No.4
- 24 New Page Reviewer Newsletter
- 25 WikiProject Investment
- 26 New Page Reviewer Newsletter
- 27 New Page Reviewer Newsletter
- 28 New Page Reviewer Newsletter
- 29 Wikipedia Asian Month 2017: Invitation to Participate
- 30 ArbCom 2017 election voter message
- 31 New Page Reviewer Newsletter
- 32 New Years new page backlog drive
- 33 New Page Reviewer Newsletter
- 34 New Page Review Newsletter No.10
- 35 NPR Newsletter No.11 25 May 2018
- 36 NPP Backlog Elimination Drive
- 37 NPR Newsletter No.12 30 July 2018
- 38 NPR Newsletter No.13 18 September 2018
Backward[s] compatibility: What makes you so confident that "backward" is correct and "backwards" is wrong? Technically, backward is an adjective and backwards is an adverb. (He was backward; he walked backwards). When we qualify a noun, we should use an adjective: "backward compatibility". When we qualify an adjective, we should use an adverb: "backwards compatible". Expecting people to get that right is a hopeless cause, but reverting the edits of someone who tries to do so seems unjustified. Mhkay (talk) 20:10, 21 February 2016 (UTC)
- User:Mhkay, thanks for writing to me here. I think the term "Backward compatibility" is more a technical term which denotes the capability of interoperating with other systems. More details on this term can be read at - https://www.techopedia.com/definition/4230/backward-compatible. In context with the article Backward compatibility, we can see that the references cited speak about the backward compatibility. In fact the whole article is based on Backward compatibility. Please let me know if you have different view points.
- Thank You and Happy Editing..!! Sanket Edits Wiki (talk) 07:17, 22 February 2016 (UTC)
- My view is that grammatically it should be "backward compatibility" and "backwards compatible"; but it's a lost cause expecting people to get that right, so there's no point complaining about people who write "backwards compatibility" or "backward compatible". Mhkay (talk) 23:09, 22 February 2016 (UTC)
- User:Mhkay, both Oxford and Merriam-Webster dictionary defines the term "Backward compatible" in their websites. The links are as follows:
- However, a few websites state that 'Backward' is the preferred style in the United States and 'Backwards' in Britain. In the revision that I made, there were other unconstructive edits in addition to the aforesaid change. As stated earlier, the references of the article "Backward compatibility" had the term -"Backward compatible" because of which the revision seemed justifiable to me. Besides, as per the WP:COFAQ#ENGLISH policy, "General topics can use any one of the variants, but should generally strive to be consistent within an article.". Hence, the revision seems to abide by this policy too. In case of any further issues, we can discuss further in the talk page of the article and have the view points of other editors too.
- Happy Editing..!!Sanket Edits Wiki (talk) 06:50, 23 February 2016 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Asian Month Barnstar|
|Thanks for your great contribution in Wikipedia Asian Month 2015! --AddisWang (talk) 19:47, 17 December 2015 (UTC)|
- Hi! I have noticed an edit war between two editors on this page ARCA Sim Racing '08
- I have attempted to post edit war warnings on the talk pages of both users, but they continue to make the same changes to the article. It would be super awesome if I could get your help on this, because they're not noticing my attempts to settle the edit dispute. Thanks!
- HowlingAngel, thanks for writing to me. Its my pleasure to help you in this regard. You can try posting on the article's talk page and invite both the editors to put forward their point of view. I will also be monitoring the page and will pitch in if required. Please feel free to contact me in case of any help. Happy Editing..!!Sanket Edits Wiki (talk) 20:46, 5 March 2016 (UTC)
Hi Sanket Edits Wiki. After reviewing your request for "rollbacker", I have rollback on your account. Keep in mind these things when going to use rollback:
- Getting rollback is no more momentous than installing Twinkle.
- Rollback should be used to revert clear cases of vandalism only, and not good faith edits.
- Rollback should never be used to edit war.
- If abused, rollback rights can be revoked.
- Use common sense.
If you no longer want rollback, contact me and I'll remove it. Also, for some more information on how to use rollback, see Wikipedia:New admin school/Rollback (even though you're not an admin). I'm sure you'll do great with rollback, but feel free to leave me a message on my talk page if you run into troubles or have any questions about appropriate/inappropriate use of rollback. Thank you for helping to reduce vandalism. Happy editing! — Coffee // have a cup // beans // 05:09, 7 March 2016 (UTC)
- Hi Coffee, thanks a lot for both reviewing my request and enabling rollback rights on my account. I will definitely keep the rollback instructions in mind while using them. Thank you again and Happy Editing..!! Sanket Edits Wiki (talk) 11:26, 7 March 2016 (UTC)
Don't revert without giving a reason. It is impolite and unadvised by the wikipedia etiquette. It is sourced and Tredinnick did it again in PMQs today. What is the matter? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 16:10, 23 March 2016 (UTC)
- It is improper to use defamatory content in the edit summary. Your edit summary says - "what about this? He is a fucking Putin regime lover and it is notable" which is not quite polite. You may however proceed to redo your changes with an appropriate summary. Please feel free to contact in case of any further concerns. Happy Editing..!! Sanket Edits Wiki (talk) 16:26, 23 March 2016 (UTC)
Hello. Your account has been granted the "pending changes reviewer" userright, allowing you to review other users' edits on pages protected by pending changes. The list of articles awaiting review is located at Special:PendingChanges, while the list of articles that have pending changes protection turned on is located at Special:StablePages.
Being granted reviewer rights neither grants you status nor changes how you can edit articles. If you do not want this user right, you may ask any administrator to remove it for you at any time.
- Wikipedia:Reviewing, the guideline on reviewing
- Wikipedia:Pending changes, the summary of the use of pending changes
- Wikipedia:Protection policy#Pending changes protection, the policy determining which pages can be given pending changes protection by administrators. Widr (talk) 06:07, 26 May 2016 (UTC)
- Hi Jetstreamer, Thanks for writing to me. I was just adding references to validate the content. I have added the same. I think we are good to go with the slogan change. Please let me know in case of any other issues..Happy Editing..!! Sanket Edits Wiki (talk) 13:14, 20 June 2016 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Tomography, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Imaging. Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
War in Donbass
Hello. I would like to add the line "Not less", as the number of deaths of pro-russian may be more than the specified number ( What is specified in the source ). Thank you. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 09:28, 8 July 2016 (UTC)
- Hi 22.214.171.124, the references linked to the article War in Donbass states the following:
- “Volunteers: In the Donbas 2,081 Russian citizens have died,” Svyatoslav Tsegolko, press secretary for Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko, wrote on his Twitter page. Alongside the text he also posted a link to the online database of the Russian Ukrainian organisation called Cargo 200.
- Hence, I think the original content of the article was more appropriate (since it also states the source to be as per cargo 200). Please feel free to revert in case of any difference in views. Happy Editing..!!
- Sanket Edits Wiki (talk) 09:50, 8 July 2016 (UTC)
I think, to write "Nnot less" is better. In the list http://uatoday.tv/politics/online-group-posts-names-of-russians-killed-fighting-in-eastern-ukraine-605006.html saying: "The same group also says the death toll may be higher". However, thanks for the reply . — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 17:25, 8 July 2016 (UTC)
Thanks.Now i'm really angry.He offended me without i offended him but don't worry i hope it'll pass.About articles he is right about the spanish culture in the world (Power article) but he is wrong about wages in Economy of Italy and European wages.Wikipedia english will remain with mistakes about italian wages.Thanks again.188.8.131.52 (talk) 13:09, 26 July 2016 (UTC)
- Hi 184.108.40.206, thanks for writing to me here. Any comments that seem offensive to you can either be talked in the user's talk page or can be reported to an administrator for appropriate action. This helps in keeping Wikipedia articles safe and clean. Please feel free to get back to me if you need any help in this regard. In response to your second concern, it is against Wikipedia policies to be involved in an edit war. If you feel that your edits are correct which are being reverted by another user, then you can raise the concern in the articles' talk page and provide appropriate references. This will help in inviting other editors to provide their point of view and the topic can be debated on. Again, don't hesitate to seek my help in this regard too. Happy Editing..!! Sanket Edits Wiki (talk) 13:23, 26 July 2016 (UTC)
Justin Tomlinson MP was indeed sacked from the current Govt by Prime Minister Theresa May, there is no mention of resignation anywhere in the media therefore it has to ab assumed he did not leave the Government willingly and in fact had to be pushed.
- Hi 220.127.116.11, thanks for writing to me. It is against Wikipedia policies to include unpublished information. I went through the link which you have shared above but there is no mention of the gentleman being sacked because of which we can not proceed to add the content. You can definitely add the information once you are ready to cite a reliable source for the same. Further, you can go through the WP:References page for understanding how to add references in an article. Please feel free to get back to me if you need any more help in this regard. Happy Editing..!! **SEW** (talk) 09:34, 3 August 2016 (UTC)
Edit war, your comment on article talk page would be helpful
Dear Sankets, I am writing regarding the article for "M-Brain Group". Thanks for helping to reverse the deletion of a section of the page entitled "Problems and controversy". The same user has made a second attempt to delete the same section, without raising discussion in the Talk page of the article. I have reversed that deletion, and started a discussion thread in the talk page. The content in question is fully sourced and referenced, so there is no basis whatsoever for its deletion. It would be helpful to have your voice involved in the article's Talk page as a 2nd opinion. Thank you, Teserak9000 (talk) 17:40, 18 August 2016 (UTC)
- Hi Teserak9000, thanks for writing to me and I am very sorry for the late response. However, I can see that the matter is being taken care by ThePlatypusofDoom. Moreover, I have added this page on my watchlist and will be reviewing it continually. I will also get involved in the talk page once we receive comments from other users. Please feel free to contact me in case of any help. Thanks again and Happy Editing..!! **SEW** (talk) 12:48, 29 August 2016 (UTC)
Hello. Yesterday, you reverted  an IP who had just removed a PROD tag from an article, and then you posted  a message on that IP's talk page telling them not to remove AfD tags. I have no doubt you acted in good faith, but can you please make amends on that IP's talk page now. Thanks and regards, Biwom (talk) 02:06, 1 September 2016 (UTC)
- Hi Biwom, Thanks for bringing it to my notice. I think that was a mistake made in a haste. Appreciate your action to share it on my talk page. I have also deleted the notice from the IP's talk page. Thank You again. Happy Editing..!! **SEW** (talk) 06:54, 1 September 2016 (UTC)
Help with MDC Partners
Hi Sanket! I'm reaching out because you are an active member of Wikiproject Marketing & Advertising. I have been working on researching and writing article updates for advertising holding company MDC Partners for a few months now. New material I suggested to the Talk page has been partially implemented—but the editor I was working with has not been back to further discuss the rest of the changes. If you're up for it, I'd love your help reviewing the remainder of my draft. As a full disclosure, I have a financial conflict of interest and created the draft on behalf of MDC Partners (though I aimed to remain neutral and used independent sourcing). I won't make changes myself and am very open to feedback! Thanks! Heatherer (talk) 16:27, 2 September 2016 (UTC)
- Hi Heatherer, Thanks for reaching out to me. I would indeed be happy to help you in this regard but I would want you to know that I have never been involved in such a process. However, I can definitely review an article to check if it complies with the Wikipedia policies (NPOV in particular). Further, I have a masters in Marketing because of which I am inclined in taking up the job. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks again and Happy Editing..!! **SEW** (talk) 21:02, 2 September 2016 (UTC)
- Thanks so much! It's not a formal process—a familiarity with Wikipedia guidelines (especially NPOV!) and a general interest in the subject make you an ideal candidate for the task. Please let me know if you have any questions as you read through it. Thanks again! Heatherer (talk) 00:34, 7 September 2016 (UTC)
- Hi Heatherer, its been a long time since we worked on this article. I was caught up in work for the last few weeks. Hence, I couldn't be active here. However, I went through the article MDC Partners and I think it is in accordance with the WP:NPOV policies. The draft copy of the article in your user space has a "Company Overview" section which needs to be worked upon in order to be in line with the NPOV policy. Please let me know if you have any other modification in mind. **SEW** (talk) 09:19, 7 October 2016 (UTC)
Invitation from Wikipedia Asian Month 2016
Welcome to Wikipedia Asian Month!
Hi there! Wikipedia Asian Month is about to start. Here is some information about participating in the event:
- Please submit your articles via this tool. Click 'log in' at the top-right and OAuth will take care the rest. You can also change the interface language at the top-right.
- Once you submit an article, the tool will add a template to the article and mark it as needing review by an organizer. You can check your progress using the tool, which includes how many accepted articles you have.
- Participants who achieve 4 accepted articles will receive a Wikipedia Asian Month postcard. You will receive another special postcard if you achieve 15 accepted articles. The Wikipedian with the highest number of accepted articles on the English Wikipedia will be honored as a "Wikipedia Asian Ambassador", and will receive a signed certificate and additional postcard.
- If you have any problems accessing or using the tool, you can submit your articles at this page next to your username.
- If you have any question, you can take a look at our Q&A or post on the WAM talk page.
ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
If you want me to put up all of the truth and facts....no problem. It just seems that wiki likes to have facts in snippets. Please let me know how you would like me to put the facts on this site. Thank you — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 08:54, 3 January 2017 (UTC)
- Hi 22.214.171.124, thanks for writing to me. The edit which you made did not seem constructive, since the line - " The SuperSonics were highjacked by Howard Schultz and moved to Oklahoma City" redirects to Seattle SuperSonics relocation to Oklahoma City, where there is no comment on the hijack. At Wikipedia, we need to site a reliable source as reference for any facts that we need to add, modify or delete. If you have a reliable source as reference, please go ahead and edit the article and add the reference(s).
- Just to add another point, when you talk to an user on his/her talk page, please do not forget to add the article link or edit link about which you want to discuss. It makes things easy and clear to the editor you are talking to and also helps other editors who might want to review the edit. Please feel free to get back to me in case of any other clarifications or help.
- Note: The edit which is being discussed here is - https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Seattle&diff=next&oldid=758070894
Last September, you used Spiritus Temporis as a source for a film. However, it was a Wikipedia mirror (and has now shut down), so you effectively sourced the article using an old version of itself from when it had a trivia section. Watch out mirrors and other unreliable sources. Fences&Windows 22:28, 23 February 2017 (UTC)
Editing Graphic Era University Page
Hello Sanket I am Komal Singh, Asst. Professor in Graphic Era University. I was given a task to add details regarding GEU on its Wikipedia page. I got an alert message from you that the content must be verifiable. To sort out this problem, I have added so many references from Graphic Era University official website and many other sources also. But the problem is still unresolved. Please let me know what should I do for verification so that it does not violate any copyright.ASAP. Thank you. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Komalsingh.0492 (talk • contribs) 05:51, 3 May 2017 (UTC)
- Hi Komalsingh.0492, thanks for writing to me. Since you have a conflict of interest with the article you are trying to edit, the first thing which you need to do is disclose the same in the talk page of Graphic Era University. I suggest you to go through the WP:DISCLOSE policy of Wikipedia for more information. Please let me know if you are being paid for editing the article. If not, I can add the disclose tag for you. Now coming to your point of adding references in the article, I can see that some of the references provided are redirecting to pages which doesn't have any mention of the university. For example, "European Society for Quality Research (ESQR)" citation provided for 'Awards and Achievements' redirects to a site which doesn't have any mention of the university. You can add the complete link of the article in such places. Further, some of the facts stated in the article are not backed by references. You may want to go through the WP:RS and WP:CS to have a clear idea of what sources are considered reliable and how to draft citations. Please feel free to write to me if you need any further help.
- Happy Editing..!! **SEW** (talk)
- Hello **SEW**, I am not being paid for editing this article. So please add the disclose tag for me. And whatever things you have mentioned, I have done it all still I am getting this notification on the article page.
- "This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
- This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (September 2016)
- This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2016)
- This article contains wording that promotes the subject in a subjective manner without imparting real information. (September 2016)"
- Please let me know what I should do now so as to remove these warnings.
- Thank You
- Komal Singh
- — Preceding unsigned comment added by Komalsingh.0492 (talk • contribs) 09:08, 3 May 2017 (UTC)
- Hi Komalsingh.0492, I have added the disclose tag for you. The article will need references from media talks and the likes. Please try to add such citations. On my part, I will look into the article and try to figure out other issues and fix them. Hope it helps.**SEW** (talk)
- **SEW**, I moved the COI notice from Talk:Main Page to Talk:Graphic Era University for you. Murph9000 (talk) 10:21, 3 May 2017 (UTC)
New Page Reviewer granted
Hello Sanket Edits Wiki. Your account has been added to the "
New page reviewers" user group, allowing you to review new pages and mark them as patrolled, tag them for maintenance issues, or in some cases, tag them for deletion. The list of articles awaiting review is located at the New Pages Feed. New page reviewing is a vital function for policing the quality of the encylopedia, if you have not already done so, you must read the new tutorial at New Pages Review, the linked guides and essays, and fully understand the various deletion criteria. If you need more help or wish to discuss the process, please join or start a thread at page reviewer talk.
- URGENT: Please consider helping get the huge backlog (around 18,000 pages) down to a manageable number of pages as soon as possible.
- Be nice to new users - they are often not aware of doing anything wrong.
- You will frequently be asked by users to explain why their page is being deleted - be formal and polite in your approach to them too, even if they are not.
- Don't review a page if you are not sure what to do. Just leave it for another reviewer.
- Remember that quality is quintessential to good patrolling. Take your time to patrol each article, there is no rush. Use the message feature and offer basic advice.
The reviewer right does not change your status or how you can edit articles. If you no longer want this user right, you may ask any administrator to remove it for you at any time. In case of abuse or persistent inaccuracy of reviewing, the right can be revoked at any time by an administrator. Lord Roem ~ (talk) 18:39, 9 May 2017 (UTC)
New Page Review - Newsletter No.4
New Page Reviewer Newsletter
Hey there! I just re-launched the WikiProject Investment.
Feel free to check out the project and ping me if you have any questions.
New Page Reviewer Newsletter
New Page Reviewer Newsletter
New Page Reviewer Newsletter
Wikipedia Asian Month 2017: Invitation to Participate
Hello! Last year, you signed up to participate in Wikipedia Asian Month (WAM) 2016 on the English Wikipedia. The event was an international success, with hundreds of editors creating thousands of articles on Asian topics across dozens of different language versions of Wikipedia.
I'd like to invite you to join us for Wikipedia Asian Month 2017, which once again lasts through the month of November. The goal is for users to create new articles on Asian-related content, each at least 3,000 bytes and 300 words in length. Editors who create at least four articles will receive a Wikipedia Asian Month postcard!
Also be sure to check out the Wikipedia Asian Art Month affiliate event - creating articles on Asian art topics can get you a Metropolitan Museum of Art postcard!
If you're interested, please sign up here for the English Wikipedia. If you are interested in also working on other language editions of Wikipedia, please visit the meta page to see other participating projects. If you have any questions, please visit our talk page.
This will be the last message you receive from the English Wikipedia WAM team for being a 2016 participant. If you sign up for WAM 2017, you will continue receiving periodic updates on the 2017 event.