Waddon railway station
|Local authority||London Borough of Croydon|
|Number of platforms||2|
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|Original company||London, Brighton & South Coast Railway|
|Pre-grouping||London, Brighton & South Coast Railway|
|London transport portal|
Waddon railway station is in the London Borough of Croydon in south London. The station and all trains serving it are operated by Southern. It is in Travelcard Zone 5, between West Croydon and Wallington, and is 11 miles 40 chains (18.51 km) down the line from London Bridge measured via Forest Hill.
Accidents and incidents
- On 4 November 1942, two electric multiple units collided due to a signalman's error: two people were killed.
The typical off-peak service (Monday to Saturday) from the station is:
- 2tph (trains per hour) to London Bridge semi-fast, taking 21 minutes.
- 4tph to London Victoria via Norbury calling at all stations, taking 24 minutes.
- 2tph to Sutton, taking 9 minutes
- 2tph to Epsom, taking 21 minutes
- 2tph to Epsom Downs, taking 19 minutes
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
Sutton & Mole Valley Lines
- "Estimates of station usage". Rail statistics. Office of Rail Regulation. Please note: Some methodology may vary year on year.
- Yonge, John (November 2008) . Jacobs, Gerald (ed.). Railway Track Diagrams 5: Southern & TfL (3rd ed.). Bradford on Avon: Trackmaps. map 22. ISBN 978-0-9549866-4-3.
- Glover, John (2001). Southern Electric. Hersham: Ian Allan. p. 141. ISBN 0-7110-2807-9.
- https://www.networkrail.co.uk/running-the-railway/timetabling/electronic-national-rail-timetable/ (Timetable No. 172, May 2018)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Waddon railway station.|